Pulse App affected by 3.0.1 Upgrade (?)

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
PROBLEM RESOLVED! The great team at Pulse acted quickly and pushed an update to the Market today, Monday 3/14/2011...

Original Message follows:

I received the 3.0.1 update overnight and installed it this morning, and I think it's affecting how Pulse behaves. Can anyone else tell me if they see what I'm seeing?

Before today, when I used Pulse in landscape mode on my Xoom I could touch a headline in any feed and the display would adjust to display the article on the right half of the screen and leave the feeds on the left. If I rotated the Xoom to portrait, the story would move to full screen with the current feed taking up one row on the bottom.

As of today, following the 3.0.1 update, Pulse no longer displays the side-by-side view of the feeds plus the current article when I'm in landscape mode. Instead, it's like I'm in portrait mode at all times.

Can anyone else with 3.0.1 see if Pulse still shows the side-by-side feed/article view in landscape mode? Is there some setting that can restore it?

Thanks...

Last edited:

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Ya not sure if I like the new way pulse lists things I am reading or I liked the old way better... question is this a pulse update or is it strictly the 3.0.1 update that did this? Does anyone else have there apps to auto update like I do?

GobbleXoom

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Even though we know it has affected everyone, I'll just post here to say I liked the old way better (with the right half showing the article)....just in case the Pulse makers see this.

maxrebo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I got the update early this morning but didn't realize the issue with Pulse until I read this thread. I suppose I haven't used it much today in landscape mode like I usually do!

So yes, like others, I am having the same issue. Bummer!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
It's certainly a personal preference regarding the layout, but if I want to see more of the article, I just rotate to portrait mode! This gives me the best of both worlds: fast navigation and skimming in landscape with the side-by-side view, and full-screen reading in portrait mode, which shows the most text.

Perhaps when Pulse restores the previous landscape layout they will provide a setting to permit users to choose how news feeds and articles are presented in landscape mode.

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The way Pulse originally displayed on the Zoom was a departure from the way it displayed on the G2. I wonder if the update allows Pulse to display as it was originally intended by the developer.

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if the layout checks your OS version number on open and it doesn't recognize 3.0.1 so it defaults to the phone layout.

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
The way Pulse originally displayed on the Zoom was a departure from the way it displayed on the G2. I wonder if the update allows Pulse to display as it was originally intended by the developer.

The Pulse employee responded that they were going to fix it, so I think the previous layout that used fragments to display feeds and the article side by side was the intended design for Honeycomb tablets.

jeanhsu

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Fix released

Hello,

This is Jean from Pulse. We released a fix last night for this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for bringing to our attention!

Thanks,
Jean