Twitter

zakk87

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry if it's already been mentioned, but is there a good Twitter client designed for honeycomb available yet? The actual Twitter app isn't optimized for the xoom yet and It sucks.

Thanks..

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Plume works pretty well, but to be honest, I simply made a homepage bookmark to the full Twitter site. The browser is so fast on the Xoom I found this to be the best solution for me... and the bonus is Android creates a Twitter icon for the bookmark. :)

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Twidroyd, while not optimized, works really well for me. It's clearly just the phone version stretched out but if you go into the settings and put it on the large font size, it's rather touch-friendly.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Plume. Just had to enlarge the font and that's good enough for me for now. Still waiting to see a tablet optimized application like GMail and CNN.

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I use TweetCaster - it's not optimized, but it works well in landscape and portrait modes. I'm hoping they provide an update to use fragments with the feed on the left and the right side showing info for the currently highlighted tweet, much like Twitter now does.

cjohnson481

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
If you could get into the alpha testing, there is a great app in the works that is optimized for it. If you search hard enough on twitter, you probably hear some chater about it...

Natemz

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Although its not released yet, issimo for Android has a dedicated Honeycomb version. We are aiming for a market beta release in the coming weeks for both mobiles devices and Xoom. Here is a screenie below. Feel free to follow me @Natemz and @Britishturbo to stay up to date on the release date. There will be a lite version and the full version that includes push. :cool:

issimologo_mask.png

254010787.png

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have some bugs to work out and some code merges to do but I'm hoping to have the lite version of issimo out in the next week or so if all goes to plan...

There will be lite versions optimized for both handset and honeycomb tablet... I think you will all like the Tablet version very much :)

There will also be non lite versions that have Pushed @ mentions and Direct Messages. issimo has had push since early last year... :)

It's in closed beta testing right now but will be out for all very soon!

Follow myself at @britishturbo and my graphics side kick @Natemz :)

thatton#AC

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
If you could get into the alpha testing, there is a great app in the works that is optimized for it. If you search hard enough on twitter, you probably hear some chater about it...

Totally agree! I just got it yesterday and it is amazing! Kind of reminds me of Tweetdeck's desktop version. Twitter heaven.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I have some bugs to work out and some code merges to do but I'm hoping to have the lite version of issimo out in the next week or so if all goes to plan...

There will be lite versions optimized for both handset and honeycomb tablet... I think you will all like the Tablet version very much :)

There will also be non lite versions that have Pushed @ mentions and Direct Messages. issimo has had push since early last year... :)

It's in closed beta testing right now but will be out for all very soon!

Follow myself at @britishturbo and my graphics side kick @Natemz :)

Screenshot looks great. Looking forward to it.