Deleting multiple emails

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
If this has been discussed and I missed it I do apologize. Is there anyway to delete multiple emails at one time? Not Gmail but any other email that I might use on my Xoom. Thanks in advance for your help.

azari

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Just tried it on my work Exchange, and it has boxes you can check for multile message deletes. Are you looking for something else, in addition to that?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Just tried it on my work Exchange, and it has boxes you can check for multile message deletes. Are you looking for something else, in addition to that?

Where is the box to check multiple messages or are do you mean I can check off each box one at a time? I want to delete my trash folder with one click.

azari

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Nope, you are correct. Need to check the box next to each message individually, then hit the trash can. Sorry...

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Nope, you are correct. Need to check the box next to each message individually, then hit the trash can. Sorry...

Am I crazy thinking this should had been included? I mean this is a very basic operation on most cell phones. My Droid X has it so there was really no excuse to leave it off the Xoom. Motorola gets a lot of heat for blur but they were smart enough to include such a basic operation.

wnrussell3

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
It should have been included. The Android phones were that way on the first release and now they have multi delete in the native mail client.

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
It should have been included. The Android phones were that way on the first release and now they have multi delete in the native mail client.
Multi-delete is present right now on the Xoom, but what's lacking there is the ability to click one box to select all messages for moving to a folder or to the trash. You can click each check box individually to select distinct messages (or touch and hold a message to select it) and then you can touch the trash icon or drag the messages, but there's not a quick way to "select all".