Xoom WiFi really is coming March 27th!

Dunbar

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
well i told them i would like to return it and they told me no problem. they would email me some form. I then asked in how long should the money be back in my account. they said 4-6 WEEKS!!! I then basically told them to go to hell...lol.
So i called chase (card used to make payment) and told them what was going on and they said once i ship it to hold on to the tracking number so i can put in a dispute and i should have my money within 2 business days.

So ya be prepared its a pain. This is a horrible business practice by motorola. Ive never seen a company fumble things so many times. im gunna wait for the wifi version cuz i love the xoom

4-6 weeks is absurd. I wonder if they're waiting for an update to enable their reimbursement system :)

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm really torn about what to do. This is exactly why I bought at Costco...I have 90 days to decide.

The WIFI only one is tempting, because I can just bluetooth tether to my Thunderbolt (I'm picking it up tomorrow) and have unlimited 4G, RIGHT NOW, and save $200 on the price of the XOOM.

I really like the black back though. Maybe I will buy the WIFI one, swap the back plates, and then take the 3G one back with the silver back plate and see if they notice =)

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm really torn about what to do. This is exactly why I bought at Costco...I have 90 days to decide.

The WIFI only one is tempting, because I can just bluetooth tether to my Thunderbolt (I'm picking it up tomorrow) and have unlimited 4G, RIGHT NOW, and save $200 on the price of the XOOM.

I really like the black back though. Maybe I will buy the WIFI one, swap the back plates, and then take the 3G one back with the silver back plate and see if they notice =)
ima buy mine from costco or sams club for the same reason, and if for some reason i dont like the xoom (highly doubt), or if the htc, samsung, or toshiba tablet end up being game changers then i can easily return it.

instead of trying to replace the backs, maybe just get a skin form skinit.com or get stickers from stickitgrafix.com (they look pretty cool), or skinomi has cool xoom skins in carbon and wood http://www.skinomi.com/motorolaxoom.html

xzigraz

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

I kinda like the silver back, it's like my n1 and finger prints probably won't be as noticeable. ahhhhhasdlka;f;sjfa;jf 11 days more. I'll go nuts soon.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
The good news is that I have my 3G version now.

I need to talk VZW into giving me an early upgrade to get the Thunderbolt...I have a line that's eligible in May. Anybody have any pointers or tricks to share?

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I kinda like the silver back, it's like my n1 and finger prints probably won't be as noticeable. ahhhhhasdlka;f;sjfa;jf 11 days more. I'll go nuts soon.
Im already going nuts for it, i'm scouring the internet for a nice sleeve, and watching all the review videos instead of studying for finals week (i have my first final tomorrow!)

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The good news is that I have my 3G version now.

I need to talk VZW into giving me an early upgrade to get the Thunderbolt...I have a line that's eligible in May. Anybody have any pointers or tricks to share?
I havent done with verizon, but with sprint i got an upgrade after 9 months from a hero to a epic. first google for the direct number to retentions department. They usually have more power to move up dates versus other reps. Just be nice, dont threaten to cancel or anything, just tell them you are very excited for the thunderbolt and have an account in good standing and would really appreciate it if there is anyway u could get an early upgrade so u can get the phone.

xzigraz

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Im already going nuts for it, i'm scouring the internet for a nice sleeve, and watching all the review videos instead of studying for finals week (i have my first final tomorrow!)

Good luck on your test dude. If you are need some freshing up on math/biology/chem/physic, I am working for an educational site called brightstorm and we have thousands of free videos on those topics. :)

I am actually going to Best Buy everyday so I could play with the demo. Good thing about the XOOM is no sells person will bother me when I am playing with it. I guess the sale rate is really low. :p

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Good luck on your test dude. If you are need some freshing up on math/biology/chem/physic, I am working for an educational site called brightstorm and we have thousands of free videos on those topics. :)

I am actually going to Best Buy everyday so I could play with the demo. Good thing about the XOOM is no sells person will bother me when I am playing with it. I guess the sale rate is really low. :p
Im in all upper divisiom neurobiology and physiology courses right now, but im taking mcat this summer and those g chem and physics videos could be quite helpful.
The site seems pretty cool, thanks for letting me know about it.

Cubanito

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I am really torn over wifi only or current 3g model that I have. I have used 3g for about 1 minute when I first booted up my system and not sure if its worth paying 20 bucks extra a month then again if I return it I then will be Xoomless for 11 or so days. Has anyone had any hassles returning thier Xoom to verizon?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I am really torn over wifi only or current 3g model that I have. I have used 3g for about 1 minute when I first booted up my system and not sure if its worth paying 20 bucks extra a month then again if I return it I then will be Xoomless for 11 or so days. Has anyone had any hassles returning thier Xoom to verizon?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
how often will u use 3g/4g? Is ur current phone able to tether?

if u will not use 3g that often and your current phone can tether for the few times that u will use it away from wifi, then it is a no brainer.

If u will use it a lot away from wifi and need 3g/4g, or if the couple hundred of dollars price difference doesnt matter much to you then stick with the 3g model.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I got VZW to give me an early upgrade. I'll get the Thunderbolt tomorrow, then on the 27th I'll exchange my 3G XOOM for the WiFi only model...

I'm stoked for unlimited 4G on the Thunderbolt for $30, and free Bluetooth tethering...

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I got VZW to give me an early upgrade. I'll get the Thunderbolt tomorrow, then on the 27th I'll exchange my 3G XOOM for the WiFi only model...

I'm stoked for unlimited 4G on the Thunderbolt for $30, and free Bluetooth tethering...
see, i told you it would work. If u ask nicely they will hook u up. I bought my epic in october and im already eligible for another upgrade, just waiting on a htc dual core.

waynea

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Another Motorola store return experience.

I called the Motorola store three days ago to get a return authorization number for the Xoom I had received ten days earlier. It took 54 minutes of being on and off on hold, but finally I was told I would receive an RA# and instructions by email within 24 hours. I waited for 44 hours without any email so called back. After another 50 minutes being on and off on-hold I was I told I would receive an email with instructions in two hours. Today, almost 24 hours after the second call and still no email, I called again and was told I would receive an email in a half hour. I told them that I was leaving the country tonight (I am) and would not be back for two weeks and if I didn't receive the information immediately, I wanted them to extend my return until I returned the first week of April. After another 50 minutes of being on and off on-hold for the third time I actually got the RA # and instructions which they did follow up with an email shortly thereafter. The Xoom is now at UPS.

Their service reps were all very courteous and always gave their name and agent number, but apparently have to check with some higher authority after about every two sentences of discussion.

BTW, I too was told by the agent that it would be 2-4 weeks to receive a refund, however, the email states that a refund will be issued within two weeks of merchandise return. I also made sure the rep quoted the correct refund amount to make certain I would not be surprised with an incomplete refund.

This by far is the worse experience I have ever had with an Amazon store front.

kgeissler

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I called the Motorola store three days ago to get a return authorization number for the Xoom I had received ten days earlier. It took 54 minutes of being on and off on hold, but finally I was told I would receive an RA# and instructions by email within 24 hours. I waited for 44 hours without any email so called back. After another 50 minutes being on and off on-hold I was I told I would receive an email with instructions in two hours. Today, almost 24 hours after the second call and still no email, I called again and was told I would receive an email in a half hour. I told them that I was leaving the country tonight (I am) and would not be back for two weeks and if I didn't receive the information immediately, I wanted them to extend my return until I returned the first week of April. After another 50 minutes of being on and off on-hold for the third time I actually got the RA # and instructions which they did follow up with an email shortly thereafter. The Xoom is now at UPS.

Their service reps were all very courteous and always gave their name and agent number, but apparently have to check with some higher authority after about every two sentences of discussion.

BTW, I too was told by the agent that it would be 2-4 weeks to receive a refund, however, the email states that a refund will be issued within two weeks of merchandise return. I also made sure the rep quoted the correct refund amount to make certain I would not be surprised with an incomplete refund.

This by far is the worse experience I have ever had with an Amazon store front.

This sounds exactly like my experience trying to return 2 charging docks for my Atrix. I called once, they said they would sent the email, never got it. Called back, they said they would sent it again, never got it. Called a third time and finally got someone that could help. Plus everytime I called I was on hold forever and kept getting bounced around from CSR to CSR. What a pain.