MOTOROLA XOOM Cases, MOTOROLA XOOM Defender Series Case // OtterBox.com

I have been waiting for this.....glorious!!!! I got out my credit card and then noticed that it said coming soon. Can not come soon enough.

It looks like the back panel comes off like on the iPad so that you can use the dock. If that is the case then I am sold and will be 100 percent satisfied.
    03-17-2011 05:52 AM
    looks kinda bulky, also looks like you'd have to take off the back panel to use the camera...and what protects the screen when the Xoom gets dropped or banged around in my backpack?

What do they mean by "built-in touch screen protector"? I don't use a screen protector now, not on my Xoom or on my Captivate...they have Gorilla glass..they won't scratch and screen protectors make the screen look bad and mess up the touch screen sensitivity.
    03-17-2011 07:59 AM
    Built in screen protectors suck cause you can't replace them, only remove them after they get scratched. I think incipio cases will be the one to get IMO....
    03-17-2011 08:50 AM
    looks kinda bulky, also looks like you'd have to take off the back panel to use the camera...and what protects the screen when the Xoom gets dropped or banged around in my backpack?

What do they mean by "built-in touch screen protector"? I don't use a screen protector now, not on my Xoom or on my Captivate...they have Gorilla glass..they won't scratch and screen protectors make the screen look bad and mess up the touch screen sensitivity.
    The Defender case is three pieces.

A screen protector - Gorilla glass can scratch so choose to use or not
    A rubber skin
    a hard plastic shell

With all three on you have access to all of the ports, speakers and camera.

The 4th piece is a stand that comes with the Otter Box. It does provide extra protection but is not needed, but is useful. It allows for the Xoom to be set in two different positions for viewing or video chatting.

I brought one for a friend for his iPad for Christmas, and yes it does add bulk but it feels good in the hand and when you are using it you know the 800 dollar piece of equipment you are holding is protected.

I have also had a defender case on my Droid X, and yes that was a phone and the bulk added made a little difference when sliding it in my pocket. I do not see any issues when adding a little bulk to a tablet, it still is going to fit in my back pack.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    03-17-2011 08:50 AM
    The Defender case is three pieces.

A screen protector - Gorilla glass can scratch so choose to use or not
    A rubber skin
    a hard plastic shell

With all three on you have access to all of the ports, speakers and camera.
    From the attached picture of the "hard plastic shell" it does not appear that there is access to the speakers or camera. Am I missing something?

Also, I'm assuming this shell fits on the back of the case...is it reversable? meaning can you attach it to the front of the case when the xoom is not in use?

The 4th piece is a stand that comes with the Otter Box. It does provide extra protection but is not needed, but is useful. It allows for the Xoom to be set in two different positions for viewing or video chatting.
    Admittedly, this looks cool, and is about the only good thing about the motorola case.

I brought one for a friend for his iPad for Christmas, and yes it does add bulk but it feels good in the hand and when you are using it you know the 800 dollar piece of equipment you are holding is protected.
    I'll concede this point, I'm using the Motorola case now and I hate how I have to hold it when its not sitting on my desk, and its definately bulky. I guess the only concern I have is weight. As long as the otterbox doesn't add a significate amount of weight and is comfortable to hold, I'm ok with the bulk.

Thanks!
    03-17-2011 09:52 AM
    From the attached picture of the "hard plastic shell" it does not appear that there is access to the speakers or camera. Am I missing something?

Also, I'm assuming this shell fits on the back of the case...is it reversable? meaning can you attach it to the front of the case when the xoom is not in use?

Admittedly, this looks cool, and is about the only good thing about the motorola case.

I'll concede this point, I'm using the Motorola case now and I hate how I have to hold it when its not sitting on my desk, and its definately bulky. I guess the only concern I have is weight. As long as the otterbox doesn't add a significate amount of weight and is comfortable to hold, I'm ok with the bulk.

Thanks!
    The picture you have is showing the case with the stand attached to the back. Without the stand attached the speakers and camera are not covered. Not sure if you can attach it to the front but not sure you would want to.
    03-17-2011 12:41 PM
    Built in screen protectors suck cause you can't replace them, only remove them after they get scratched. I think incipio cases will be the one to get IMO....
    It is not a built in screen protector. It is a screen protector that goes directly on the glass, if you scratch it just put a new one on.
    03-17-2011 12:44 PM
    The picture you have is showing the case with the stand attached to the back. Without the stand attached the speakers and camera are not covered. Not sure if you can attach it to the front but not sure you would want to.
    So everytime I want to take a picture I have to remove the stand? do I carry the stand seperately? that doesn't seem convenient.
    03-17-2011 02:45 PM
    89.95 for a case grrr i will pass
    04-07-2011 12:17 AM
    If its Like the Ipad one its a tank and doubles or nearly tripples the feel and girth of the unit. I reckon they will not sell too many of these due to the bulk.
    04-07-2011 03:50 PM
    Why take a pic with the xoom is beyond me
    04-07-2011 08:46 PM
    anyone have a otterbox for the xoom yet?
    06-17-2011 02:35 PM
    From what I've read in the Otterbox Q&A, it sounds like most of you are misinterpreting the "screen protector". There is NO clear screen protector that goes over the screen, there is a shield that snaps over the display when you're carrying the Xoom in a bag, backpack, etc. You remove this to actually use the Xoom and it can be snapped on the back or used as a stand in two different positions (one better for reading/media viewing, one better for typing).
    06-17-2011 04:30 PM
    I just went to their website to buy the case and its currently out of stock... sucks
    06-17-2011 08:21 PM
    I bought one in ebay. Said they had four left. I pre ordered from cellular accessories but they said they wont ship past july meed it before I deploy in two weeks. Hopefully the ebay one isn't bs
    06-18-2011 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD