Coming from G-tablet

ksc6000#AC

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm having to return my gtablet because there is an issue with the sound and the battery. I bought it from someone on ebay so I can't get a replacement.
I have to say apart from the sound going out for no reason whatsoever the gtablet was amazing. So fast and responsive.
I played with the xoom today which I preordered from amazon. And I really love honeycomb's interface and that the buttons are on the screen but I can't say I'm at all impressed with the performance.
I used the browser and it was so slow and laggy and wouldn't respond to my touches half the time. And I made sure to use the task manager to kill all other apps. Also the flash video performance was sub par compared to the gtablet.
Then I downloaded speedx 3d free and it ran no better that it does on my nexus one. Whereas on my gtablet it runs so buttery smooth at 60 fps.
The xoom that I was playing with at best buy was on the newest update.
I hope these r just software issues with honeycomb that get ironed out soon but I don't feel to confident for some reason. Something tells me I'm not going to see the kind of raw performance like I did with the gtablet, as nice as honeycomb is.

xxraffyxx

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I believe that people are having a bad experience using the demo units, because other people that try out the device install crap applications and bug down the xoom, Also many of the applications are not optimized for honeycomb.

I have the ipad2 and the xoom and the browser is the best thing about the xoom. Very fast and snappy. If your really interested in the xoom and you have the time to try it out, try and do a factory reset. then play with a fresh xoom..... oh and DONT FORGET to remove your account (email) or do another factory reset when your done.

REHolt218

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a Xoom, and my wife has a GTablet that I bought her for Christmas. While I love the Xoom I have to admit the Gtablet gets better Quadrent performance scores. Of course this is after I rooted and updated the gTablet to Android 2.2 and got rid of the stock GUI.

At this point I am assuming the Xoom will improve once all of the aps are written for multiprocessing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante