The so called "Web Cam?"

RealFnCool

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
perhaps i may not being using a right function but for example on a standard computer you go to facebook or stickam and u can use ur webcam to grab a pic or steam to viewers...

on this xoom.. if i went to facebook and tried "to upload a picture using my web cam" it says theres none attached.

i got the updated flash, so im not sure if its an issue.. or the "front cam" is just labeled "web cam" for show.

on a related note.. what front face cam apps are there that you all use to socialize or make "video calls?"

thanks!

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I really don't think it works like that for websites, etc. No front-facing cam does on a phone or tablet.

As for apps, I use Google Talk to make video calls with my family. It works extremely well, actually. They were on their MacBook Pro in Google Chat and I was in the XOOM Talk app and we were able to video instantly.

xzigraz

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
perhaps i may not being using a right function but for example on a standard computer you go to facebook or stickam and u can use ur webcam to grab a pic or steam to viewers...

on this xoom.. if i went to facebook and tried "to upload a picture using my web cam" it says theres none attached.

i got the updated flash, so im not sure if its an issue.. or the "front cam" is just labeled "web cam" for show.

on a related note.. what front face cam apps are there that you all use to socialize or make "video calls?"

thanks!

I think you can take the picture first and then upload it, right?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I think you can take the picture first and then upload it, right?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Picture saved on your device can be uploaded to facebook via the facebook app, but I don't believe you can do it from the website as android does not have a formalized file system like a regular computer. I am not sure if this is fixed when you install astro or not.

Hopefully, new additions to honeycomb will include a full file system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2