Mlb.tv on the Xoom

Solson

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have MLB.TV premium? I just watched a little bit of a spring traning game using the browser and it work pretty well. The broadcast was standard def, will have to wait for the regular season for HD. Now I can watch my Cubs lose on my xoom! :p

Reactions: DeusInnomen

strauss884

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
good to know. I'm a big Red Sox fan. I haven't. ordered my subscription yet because I wanted to see if an app is coming. They say they are hoping to have a honeycomb app soon.

mccub

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...I've tried to get it working a couple of times over the past few days over wifi. It always gets stuck on the baseball diamond loading screen with the team logos.

Hopefully a real app will be coming soon.

Solson

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm hoping for the app too but I figure this will work until then. Apple TV now has MLB.TV built in to stream and I will be using that also. Oh but don't tell anyone around here that I have apple TV, it's my wife's.

Btw I was using the stock browser, dolphin browser didn't work very well. I think as flash for honeycomb get better so will streaming in the browser.

chemgeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I made an inquiry to mlb.TV about the xoom, and they replied that they would have xoom support ready by opening day. I'm not sure but I think it may require At Bat 2011. We'll see.

mccub

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I made an inquiry to mlb.TV about the xoom, and they replied that they would have xoom support ready by opening day. I'm not sure but I think it may require At Bat 2011. We'll see.

Let's hope. They have seven days to get it done.

I'm pretty sure you will have to purchase the $15 At Bat app in addition to your yearly MLB.tv subscription.

jcash3

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I tried mlb.tv out on my Xoom and couldn't get it to work at all. Same issue as the person before, gets stuck on the loading screen.

I emailed about the app, as well, and was told it would be here by opening day, so if they told two of us, it has to be true....Right?

strauss884

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I've e-mailed them several times and they keep giving me very non specific answers. I'm glad somebody was able to get a date from them. This app is the biggest difference maker for me between a Xoom and that apple device. I really want to be able to watch my Red Sox on the go.

DeusInnomen

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Quick question: if I buy the MLB app available now, is it going to be updated to be compatible with Honeycomb devices, or are they going to release a separate app for tablets? Given that it's MLB and they love their money, I'm not convinced they aren't gonna try the latter. ;)

strauss884

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Quick question: if I buy the MLB app available now, is it going to be updated to be compatible with Honeycomb devices, or are they going to release a separate app for tablets? Given that it's MLB and they love their money, I'm not convinced they aren't gonna try the latter. ;)

I agree with you. I'm going to get my MLB.TV subscription setip, but I'm going to wait to buy the app. Someone told me they had two editions for the IPAD and Iphone and some people had to buy two.

DeusInnomen

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that seems like a solid plan, given the way they phrased the notice in the listing for the MLB app:

"This version of At Bat 11 is designed for Android Phones with a minimum OS version of 2.1 and the 7" Galaxy Tablet. An At Bat optimized for Android tablets with OS 3.0 will be available soon."

It'd be nice if they only sell one version for all Android devices, but, well... MLB.

mhochman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing, that they will miss opening day. Annoying since MLB features a big ad for the xoom right on their web page, oh well. Playon it is

strauss884

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing, that they will miss opening day. Annoying since MLB features a big ad for the xoom right on their web page, oh well. Playon it is

Where did you see the ad? I've been looking daily and never saw the Xoom. Are you sure it isn't an Ipad?

mccub

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Bad (or Good??) Sign: The description for the MLB At Bat app for Android phones used to say that a version optimized for Honeycomb was coming soon. Those words are no longer there. Could mean it's no longer coming or that a release is imminent. If a release was imminent, however, I still think they would have some wording in there pointing Honeycomb users to the correct app. But who knows.

FWIW, I also emailed MLB last week and they said they would have the app released for opening day.

strauss884

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Bad (or Good??) Sign: The description for the MLB At Bat app for Android phones used to say that a version optimized for Honeycomb was coming soon. Those words are no longer there. Could mean it's no longer coming or that a release is imminent. If a release was imminent, however, I still think they would have some wording in there pointing Honeycomb users to the correct app. But who knows.

FWIW, I also emailed MLB last week and they said they would have the app released for opening day.

This is the response from MLB this morning.

"At this time we do not have any information as to when the Motorola Xoom and Honeycomb devices will be supporting MLB.TV on the At bat 2011 application."

This doesn't sound too promising. I'm really ticked off about this. As much as I love Android it's the second class treatment that it gets compared to Apple that has me tempted to switch.

Thankfully I have my Roku hooked up to my slingbox and can watch games live that way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2