Alright...so I saw someone else on here was able to buy an HP HDMI to VGA converter, and modify it so it would hook into a projector (modifying the converter by adding more power). Does anyone know of a ready made device that I don't have to break apart and modify with so I can hook my XOOM into a projector with VGA?

Also, I am looking to be able to use a clicker with the XOOM for Power point presentations (change slides from across the room). Has anyone been able to do this yet?

THANKS!
    03-23-2011 10:45 PM
    That was me. The issue we have with an HDMI to VGA converter is the XOOM doesn't put out enough power on the HDMI cable to run the chipset needed to do the signal conversion.

I've been meaning to root my XOOM and apply the software mod that allows the use of USB thumb drives. That's a very useful thing. That hack may also provide enough power for the converter chip set, but you'd still need to hardware hack the HP device... which is really simple to do, BTW.

As for the slide changer... you would need USB-HID support for that. The mod I refer to above offers USB-MSD support. I remember reading somewhere about someone trying to hook up a USB keyboard. Darned if I can remember where. That would require USB-HID.

I have more hope for driving the HDMI to VGA adapter from the XOOM than ever getting a "clicker", but if you find a way to do it, please remember me and let me know!
    03-24-2011 10:03 PM
    I will def let you know if I find a solution to the clicker!

I did find this and am tempted to try it....

PC DVD HDMI to VGA & Audio HDTV Video Converter Adapter - eBay (item 250778306547 end time Apr-23-11 20:30:51 PDT)

Little skeptical about ordering from overseas, but it's only 25 bucks.
    tmetal likes this.
    03-25-2011 10:56 PM
    Here is my post from yesterday- http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...-hdmi-vga.html. last post
    It works without any modifications. Bought it from amazon. No rooting as it is self powered.
    clafountaine likes this.
    03-25-2011 11:59 PM
    Thanks dude! Feel much better about getting one that I know will work, even for double the price.
    03-27-2011 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD