Has anyone used one on the Xoom? I like the idea of being able to doodle or take quick notes in a digital format. I know the HTC Flyer is made for doing things like this, but I LOVE the Xoom form factor, plus its a bootloader unlocked android 3.0 pure google device. It doesnt get better than that for me. So any news on this? How accurate does it work?
    03-24-2011 08:43 AM
    I've been looking for the same thing, so far I've only found WritePad from PhatWare. It's another input method and allows you to write rather than type - does recognition. Because it is an input method you can use it for any input, not just a specific app. I downloaded the 1 day trial from their website and it seemed pretty good. I was using my finger as I don't have a capacitive pen yet. I wish there was a longer evaluation period though... even 7 days would probably be enough. Still looking / waiting for a really good solution. Here is the link:

http://market.android.com/details?id...=search_result

If anyone has other thoughts or solutions I would love to know this as well.
    03-24-2011 09:17 AM
    I've been using PhatWare's WritePad as an input method, but have been struggling with the stylus that I have (I have both the soft "rubber bulb" tipped and the hard "beveled" styles).

Poster rich_r recommended the Dagi stylus in a previous discussion (http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...tml#post752503), and after watching the videos at their site (iPad stylus,iPhone stylus, DAGi transparent accurate capacitive stylus, 精準電容觸控筆 -- 手機型號), I ordered one (they included a second one free). It will still be a couple more days before it arrives, but it looks very promising.

In the meanwhile, I've had much better luck just using my finger to write with.
    03-24-2011 10:19 AM
    I've been using PhatWare's WritePad as an input method, but have been struggling with the stylus that I have (I have both the soft "rubber bulb" tipped and the hard "beveled" styles).

Poster rich_r recommended the Dagi stylus in a previous discussion (http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...tml#post752503), and after watching the videos at their site (iPad stylus,iPhone stylus, DAGi transparent accurate capacitive stylus, 精準電容觸控* -- 手機型號), I ordered one (they included a second one free). It will still be a couple more days before it arrives, but it looks very promising.

In the meanwhile, I've had much better luck just using my finger to write with.
    Nice, try to remember to hit this thread up again when you have it. I'de like to hear about how it works
    03-24-2011 10:20 AM
    Nice, try to remember to hit this thread up again when you have it. I'de like to hear about how it works
    I will probably just post my review as a new thread.
    03-24-2011 01:07 PM
    i bought an ACase last week.

meh....not that good.

need better apps to really test it.
    03-24-2011 02:38 PM
    A stylus such as the ACase is what I was thinking of... with the soft rubber bulb. I was in a meeting with a business partner using an iPad and sylus like the ACase. He was able to take handwritten notes, and it looked to be pretty effective. Is that due to application design being able to recognize that type of stylus better. I can't see why it would work on the iPad and not Xoom.

I'm really interested in some real world tests of the DAGi as well as other sylus to try and find something that will work well. Taking notes on the Xoom would pretty much eliminate my paper pad. Like I said above, I've been using WritePad with my finger and it works pretty well... a little odd writing that way, but starting to get used to it. Maybe in the end that is the best solution so I don't have something else to loose :-)
    03-24-2011 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD