I hate my xoom...

anon(49433)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
...because now it has me addicted to Angry Birds! :D

I've had it a couple days now, and LOVE it. (contrary to the subject line)

I'm still learning the tips and such of the device. I guess I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to select text, and copy it. Last night I was setting it up on the home wifi system. I have the 128 char wpa2 key in my dropbox as a text file. I attempted to open it via the dropbox app and was going to copy and paste it into the settings, but it appears I have to buy the premium version of the docs app to let me do that.

I also noticed the camera seemed blurry. I was taking pics of my cats (because they pose so well) last night, and even when they weren't moving, it just didn't seem sharp. Ahh well. I'll sit back and wait for the LTE upgrade. That's what I'm looking forward to. :)

Reactions: clavodulce16

stopsign002

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Im not totally sure about how it works on the Xoom, but copy and paste is easy as hell and of course free on Android 2.3, and even thought 3.0 is still in its infancy, I highly doubt they just didnt include this feature lol. Someone has got to help this person out. How do ya do it?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

I'm still learning the tips and such of the device. I guess I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to select text, and copy it. Last night I was setting it up on the home wifi system. I have the 128 char wpa2 key in my dropbox as a text file. I attempted to open it via the dropbox app and was going to copy and paste it into the settings, but it appears I have to buy the premium version of the docs app to let me do that.

I also noticed the camera seemed blurry. I was taking pics of my cats (because they pose so well) last night, and even when they weren't moving, it just didn't seem sharp. Ahh well. I'll sit back and wait for the LTE upgrade. That's what I'm looking forward to. :)

Welcome to AC! - To copy natively in android as previously stated, just long press on the text and a selector will pop up with a copy button at the top of the screen. It sounds like you were trying to copy within an app that read the text file? - I'm not sure if apps can overtake the native controls for their own with copying & pasting but it looks like it. Maybe you can email it to yourself to copy out of the gmail app?

The camera seems to need a decent amount of light.

anon(49433)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Ahh that's interesting. It gave me a choice of apps to open the txt doc in my dropbox folder. I at first tried to complete action using Quick Office. That's what wouldn't let me select/copy/paste unless I bought the app. This morning I tried opening it with DB Text Editor and I DO see the long-press-copy/paste option. I THOUGHT that's how Android worked, but apparently not in the quick office app.

Re: the camera. Yeah, I was in a relatively dark room testing out the flash. It lit up the cat fairly well, just still was blurry. Ah well, can't have EVERYTHING, right? :) Thanks for the input!

stopsign002

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: the camera. Yeah, I was in a relatively dark room testing out the flash. It lit up the cat fairly well, just still was blurry. Ah well, can't have EVERYTHING, right? :) Thanks for the input!

Agreed with that. I feel like using the Xoom for your main point and shooter would be wierd anyway. Ill use my EVO for that

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I did notice this too but once you go in the gallery the images are more sharp. If you look at the picture on the few seconds review after taking the pictures they don't look as sharp. Possible software issue.

timmyboy188

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Hell yeah. I've been good about carrying it with me at work, and every job I go to, I email an invoice Via Excel right after the job, take pics of all the tanks I clean, and sync them with my contacts, put in the job in my calendar for the next visit, then syncs it all with my Google account, and with my iPhone contacts and calendars, it's one big sync fest. Love it! :D