I just bought the Xoom again after returning it earlier. I was going to wait for the wi-fi model but, couldn't help myself. I now have a Xoom and a Ipad 2. I'm in the process of updated and downloading all my apps.

I just couldn't stay away from Android and the customization. I also really want to see how 4G LTE will be. I'll probably still keep the Ipad 2 but, may sell it later, I still really like reading books on it better than the Xoom but, there are so many things I like about the Xoom.
    03-24-2011 05:42 PM
    Welcome back
    03-24-2011 05:44 PM
    Thinking of doing the same myself
    03-24-2011 06:11 PM
    The Xoom is kind of a grow on you slowly device. Frustrating in that its great potential isn't fully exploited, but to the extent that you learn a bit more how to exploit some of that potential it draws you in. On day on the oddities of Honeycomb left this 2.x Android user a bit annoyed, but now I'm starting to take advantage of them.

I'd miss it alot if I gave it up. Welcome back.
    03-24-2011 06:21 PM
    I have both a Xoom and an iPad 2. I use the Xoom daily and only pull out the iPad 2 when I want to check out an app that only the App store has or play a game.

In my humble opinion, the Xoom is a better overall device. More powerful, better at multitasking, and web browsing.

iPad 2 still has the issue with checkerboarding and pages refreshing that annoyed me about the original. It's also too simplistic for me. I need something more than an app launching platform.
    03-24-2011 06:44 PM
    so that's what they meant with "Grab it, and it grabs you".
    Arun01 likes this.
    03-24-2011 06:47 PM
    It's the customization and google stuff I missed. I'm really going to dive into this thing now and, see what I can do with it.

Here's a really good 3 part video comparison that some of you might like, I found it while on the Ipad forum Ironically:

03-24-2011 07:37 PM
    Welcome back to the Xoom. Personally I'm getting worried that Verizon and Motorola are going to drag their feet on upgrading our less then ready for prime time Xooms.
    03-24-2011 08:07 PM
    Welcome back to the Xoom. Personally I'm getting worried that Verizon and Motorola are going to drag their feet on upgrading our less then ready for prime time Xooms.
    I guess they'll get around to it eventually. It will never be soon enough for us LOL! I won't like having to send it in for the upgrade but, at least it's free.
    03-24-2011 08:27 PM
    I guess they'll get around to it eventually. It will never be soon enough for us LOL! I won't like having to send it in for the upgrade but, at least it's free.
    You can always get two... that way you have one to use while one is in the shop. We now have three xooms (don't ask me why lol).. my third one arrived today. Pita we can't make full backup and restore these things. Spent the day reloading and reconfiguring.

Note.. the new xoom came with the update ready to install.
    03-24-2011 08:39 PM
    I have both a Xoom and an iPad 2. I use the Xoom daily and only pull out the iPad 2 when I want to check out an app that only the App store has or play a game.

In my humble opinion, the Xoom is a better overall device. More powerful, better at multitasking, and web browsing.

iPad 2 still has the issue with checkerboarding and pages refreshing that annoyed me about the original. It's also too simplistic for me. I need something more than an app launching platform.
    This is my situation. However I am selling the iPad 2 and just getting the basic 16 gig iPad gen 1 for the wife as I'm finding no use for it but she still wants to use an iPad for all her games and specific apps. VZW is selling off their stock for $299 for wifi only. Great price if you can snag one.
    03-24-2011 09:24 PM
    I was thinking about re-purchasing the Xoom when it ships with LTE built in. I loved it when I had it but when I considered the hassle of shipping it back and forth I just thought why not wait and buy a complete one off the bat. By then there may even be a few software updates that fix some of the bugs and activate the SD card slot.

I just can't imagine Motorola being able to process the hundreds of thousands of Xoom's coming back all at once. How exactly are they going to do this? I'm wondering if at least some people won't get a different Xoom returned to them than the one they sent back.
    03-24-2011 09:48 PM
    I was thinking about re-purchasing the Xoom when it ships with LTE built in. I loved it when I had it but when I considered the hassle of shipping it back and forth I just thought why not wait and buy a complete one off the bat. By then there may even be a few software updates that fix some of the bugs and activate the SD card slot.

I just can't imagine Motorola being able to process the hundreds of thousands of Xoom's coming back all at once. How exactly are they going to do this? I'm wondering if at least some people won't get a different Xoom returned to them than the one they sent back.
    I'm guessing that it's a fairly simple, routine process to add the LTE chip. They probably have quite a few "techs" on hand to do it, given that it is something that they could be trained on fairly quickly. The only time I foresee them sending you a different device is if they somehow damage yours during the upgrade. That's probably why they want us to wipe them before they send them in. But there would be issues with the IMEI number that is assigned to Verizon and your account, so that would be messy.

We have to assume that Moto planned this. They had to know that they couldn't provide LTE out of the gate and so probably left themselves an easy upgrade path for it. Like the RAM slots on most laptops.
    03-25-2011 04:21 PM
    This is my situation. However I am selling the iPad 2 and just getting the basic 16 gig iPad gen 1 for the wife as I'm finding no use for it but she still wants to use an iPad for all her games and specific apps. VZW is selling off their stock for $299 for wifi only. Great price if you can snag one.
    Sold out everywhere in Southern California. I called several places in Irvine area and San Gabriel Valley and Inland Empire.
    03-25-2011 04:58 PM
    Sold out everywhere in Southern California. I called several places in Irvine area and San Gabriel Valley and Inland Empire.
    I know this sucks for those wanting to buy one this weekend, but I hope this means demand is picking up, just a thought.
    03-25-2011 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD