Front facing camera & dark images

admkrikt

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody else have an issue with the front facing camera requiring quite a bit of light to display images and look decent? Using Gchat with friends, they complain my camera image is very dark. I have to get to a place where it's very well lit for anybody to see the images well. I know it's only 1.3mb camera, but it's not very bright.

Wonder if anybody else noticed this on their Xoom.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
it has nothing to do with MP. it is the fact that items have to be illuminated to be captured by a CCD (digital camera sensor). it is capturing light reflected off of items. nothing is going to do a very good job of capturing unlit images. that is why we sell $20k+ lighting packages designed specifically for video conferencing when doing corporate boardrooms and educational facilities. laptops dont do a very good job either. im sure their are subtle differences between CCD sensors but on sub $1000 i dont think it is going to be a big differences. im going to use my wifes ipad2 and compare to xoom when she gets it.

j6niner#AC

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I too have this problem. I just picked up ipod touch 4g and the front camera is much brighter. Setup both cams at same time (in a moderately lit room) and can hardly see my face on the Xoom, but the ipod is clear and bright.

Wondering if there is a setting somewhere or potential software fix. I know the camera in the Xoom is a better camera that the ipod, eh?

I had an HP netbook a while back that had similar problems. Wound up being a piece of film over top of the camera causing the problem. Had to take apart the screen to fix. Hopefully nothing similar with the Xoom...

Thoughts anyone???

jkern72

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I too have found the front facing camera to be less than adequate for video conferencing. Very grainy and dark without significant lighting.

Kamora Bailey

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Does anybody else have an issue with the front facing camera requiring quite a bit of light to display images and look decent? Using Gchat with friends, they complain my camera image is very dark. I have to get to a place where it's very well lit for anybody to see the images well. I know it's only 1.3mb camera, but it's not very bright.

Wonder if anybody else noticed this on their Xoom.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay