Does anybody else have an issue with the front facing camera requiring quite a bit of light to display images and look decent? Using Gchat with friends, they complain my camera image is very dark. I have to get to a place where it's very well lit for anybody to see the images well. I know it's only 1.3mb camera, but it's not very bright.

Wonder if anybody else noticed this on their Xoom.
    03-25-2011 09:49 PM
    it has nothing to do with MP. it is the fact that items have to be illuminated to be captured by a CCD (digital camera sensor). it is capturing light reflected off of items. nothing is going to do a very good job of capturing unlit images. that is why we sell $20k+ lighting packages designed specifically for video conferencing when doing corporate boardrooms and educational facilities. laptops dont do a very good job either. im sure their are subtle differences between CCD sensors but on sub $1000 i dont think it is going to be a big differences. im going to use my wifes ipad2 and compare to xoom when she gets it.
    03-25-2011 11:52 PM
    I too have this problem. I just picked up ipod touch 4g and the front camera is much brighter. Setup both cams at same time (in a moderately lit room) and can hardly see my face on the Xoom, but the ipod is clear and bright.

Wondering if there is a setting somewhere or potential software fix. I know the camera in the Xoom is a better camera that the ipod, eh?

I had an HP netbook a while back that had similar problems. Wound up being a piece of film over top of the camera causing the problem. Had to take apart the screen to fix. Hopefully nothing similar with the Xoom...

Thoughts anyone???
    03-28-2011 09:49 AM
    I too have found the front facing camera to be less than adequate for video conferencing. Very grainy and dark without significant lighting.
    04-03-2011 07:13 PM
    Does anybody else have an issue with the front facing camera requiring quite a bit of light to display images and look decent? Using Gchat with friends, they complain my camera image is very dark. I have to get to a place where it's very well lit for anybody to see the images well. I know it's only 1.3mb camera, but it's not very bright.

Wonder if anybody else noticed this on their Xoom.
    07-20-2016 10:00 PM
    Me like its so dark
    07-20-2016 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD