Trying to fine tune my Xoom to help me stay organized in my business....

timmyboy188

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I own a business servicing saltwater aquariums. I bought this Xoom to help me stay on top of my appointments, keep client information current, and most importantly, send invoices on the job. While I've been able to get all these tasks done now (thanks to this forum). I'm hoping to accomplish one final task. I need to keep notes for all the tanks I clean. For example, when I change filters, or when I add fish. I need dates on them so I know when to change them again, etc.

I know I can use a simple notepad through the app store, but I need to find a note system that syncs online. Currently I have a shortcut to my Google Notebook, which is great, the only problem is I cant work on it offline. Any ideas?

ketchup

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Evernote, and the paid version can be used off line. The Irish and awesome application andcross platform.
Try the free version and see how it works you. Real good search feature, you too.

Reactions: timmyboy188

thegunslinger1

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Evernote is great, I am in the process of starting up a new business (making and selling bbq rubs, mmmm) and using my Xoom as much as I can to stay organized. Right now I am using Evernote to keep notes/ideas/things to do. Seems to work great, I can use it offline, then it updates when I have an internet connection.

OldSock

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Another great app to check out is SpringPad. I also use Evernote, but have been using SpringPad more and more. It allows you to organize notes, tasks, bookmarks, and other things, and it syncs everything online. Oh, it's also FREE!

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Evernote has a Honeycomb version, currently in beta, but you have to get it off-market: Evernote User Forum • View topic - Evernote for Android v. 3.0 Alpha 1

The headline says "alpha", but if you click the download link in the Evernote forum above, you'll see the APK is beta version 132747.

I honestly don't see much of a difference from the Market version of Evernote, but it's worth checking out because they say they are considering other changes to optimize it for tablets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36