Market account between devices.

imwjl#AC

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Does anybody with Xoom and another Android device know if the same Market account supports two devices or if I have to re-purchase apps if I buy the Xoom?

I will maintain my commitment and main use of my Droid X phone but have a work project where I'll be testing with tablets. I don't want something I'm doing with tablets to mess up the phone I depend on nor do I want any surprises with software costs if I'm testing same app on different devices.

Thank you.

nimhsugar

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
When you start up the Xoom and put in your email address, it automatically loads your apps, calendar, Wi-Fi names and passcodes, etc. Android Market will show both devices. Purchased apps will also be loaded on the Xoom automatically and you will not be charged a second time for them. After that if you buy from Android Market on the web, you will be given a choice of which device to send the apps to. You can pick both at no extra charge.

woodsb123

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
When you purchase apps(free or paid for) in the market, depending on which version you select to install, to install the same app on the other device, you will need to click on the down arrow where you see the device name. For instance if you are installing an app on your phone, to install the same device on your Xoom or other android tablet, you will select the down arrow next to - Phone. You should then see the name of your tablet. After selecting the second device from the drop-down list, you will be able to install the app there as well without leaving the page. Hope this helps.

Sander#AC

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Does the Xoom sync your current apps from market to the device? I don't really want the apps I have installed on my phone on my Xoom too... Does it sync it automatically with the market? Or do you have the choice not to sync?

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Does the Xoom sync your current apps from market to the device? I don't really want the apps I have installed on my phone on my Xoom too... Does it sync it automatically with the market? Or do you have the choice not to sync?

No - you will need to goto my Apps - you will see a listing of your apps and can install the ones you want.

deezus

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have tried to install circle launcher pro from my apps and it won't install. It says its installed but its not. I can install the free one though.

xzigraz

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
No - you will need to goto my Apps - you will see a listing of your apps and can install the ones you want.

Actually it will ask you if you want to sync. I did. So I was deleting a lot of them as I setting mine up. I need to find ssh client. I tried some but were able to connect my company's test server. :(

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

anon(167668)

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually it will ask you if you want to sync. I did. So I was deleting a lot of them as I setting mine up. I need to find ssh client. I tried some but were able to connect my company's test server. :(

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I use ConnectBot to ssh into the supercomputer I use and it works great. The only issue is the program doesn't recognize the Tab button, which actually is not so great...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair