what is wrong with BB employees

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
So I go down to my local best buy to talk about the wifi xoom and see if im going to need to reserve one. I see an employee standing near the xoom display and I ask " are you going to have the Wifi xoom tomorrow?" He says isn't this one Wifi capable? I said Yes but I want the wifi only xoom? He says I'm not sure we have that? I say you are going to be selling that tomorrow! some other guy ( employee ) standing behind him is shaking his head NO! I say why are you shaking your head NO? he says we don't have those! so I say are you the only BB in the country NOT selling the wifi only xoom tomorrow? He walks off on me. The first guy says I'll have to check on that, and he leaves for about 5 minutes. He comes back and say " Yes sir we are going to have a few of those tomorrow morning after our delivery" So I ask do I need to put one on hold? do you have pre-orders on those? he says I'll have to go check on that. Long story short..... why do I need to be the one who tells them what products they will have for sale???? Crazy!

renoriggs

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Because Best Buy is Apple Land. You see how the Ipad is displayed. I was surprised to see the xoom not in the mobile section last time I visited.

siscim23

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that threw me off too. I saw the Galaxy Tab in the mobile section, so I spent time there looking for the Xoom. I finally asked for it and the guy took me to the computer section. But yeah I also had to tell a few employees they were selling a product different from the one they already had, which they confirmed after looking it up.

grncherry1

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Because Best Buy is Apple Land. You see how the Ipad is displayed. I was surprised to see the xoom not in the mobile section last time I visited.

A manager that I talked to said that anything over 10 inches goes in their computer dept.,so I would guess that is the reason. The I pad just remained where it was for the last year

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
welcome to Best Buy. About 90% of their employees don't know anything about electronics or their stock. If I ask them about something, they always read the labels. I only go to best buy when I need something urgently or just to see what they have. For components, I go to MC plus they have price matches, otherwise shop online.

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

I believe apple does pay for that floor space they have in best buys. But I was surprised as well to find the zoom in the computer section instead of the mobile section where it should be at. Oh well.

Sent from my Xoom

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
A manager that I talked to said that anything over 10 inches goes in their computer dept.,so I would guess that is the reason. The I pad just remained where it was for the last year
Interesting. Yet you still have to pay for it in the mobile area...

In my area there are not a lot of consumer electronic store choices, so it's Best Buy or online, and even online there's no escaping sales tax for most purchases shipping here to NY. :(

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I only go to Best Buy if I want to check something out. BB has never had what I needed when I go there. I drive the extra 20 minutes and go to micro center if I want to actually find what I need. I would never buy a phone from BB.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
With Frys almost never a reason to window shop in my neck of the woods. I stopped shopping at bb back when they had the restocking fee.

Arun01

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
get this..I bought my Xoom from bestbuy..did the pre-order (1st person to buy 1 where i live) then came back on feb 24th to pick mine up..then this past friday a bestbuy employee called me asking if i had gotten my Xoom yet..i was like wtf! This is crazy..they need to educate their workers there.

jarays212

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
How did you pick up a wifii xoom in store before today? It wouldn't let me do that, all the preoder info on their website said pre-orders were delivery only, not in store pickup

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Lets see where they put Samsungs 8.9" tab when it comes out.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
A manager that I talked to said that anything over 10 inches goes in their computer dept.,so I would guess that is the reason.

That must be why, when I worked there, they put me in the computer dept. *rim shot*

Just kidding. I never worked at Best Buy.

robm15

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Do best buy employees get a commission for selling the extended Warrenty? They sure pushed hard for it when I said no. Even ganged up on me and tried to make me feel stupid. :(

timmyboy188

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Best buy is a walmart without low prices employee wise. I ONLY go there to see displays on things I'm interested in, then go buy what I like elsewhere.

mhochman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
i had the same experience, I happened to be up at the best buy yesterday getting a SiriusXM radio for the new car, and asked the guy standing next to the Verizon Xoom if they would get the WiFi only, "Uhh, i dont know, maybe, i guess so" I told him that i'd just check online in the morning to see if they were in stock.

This morning i check and see that yes, my 'local store' (they are 50 miles away) has the WiFi only in stock, I order one online and chose in-store pickup, i pay my $628 (stupid sales tax) I get to the store, get my Xoom get home, open it up and notice Verizon logo's all over the box. Pull the Xoom out, see the Verizon logo on the top, turn it on, it tries to connect via 3G...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance