COSTCO WiFi FYI

zach_alt

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
My Xoom box appeared to be sealed from Costco. Did anyone have music preloaded on their Xoom? Mine had a bunch of music which bugs me because I had to do a full reset to see if that would fix the camera that is not working.

I wonder if somehow this was a return that was put back into stock already.

1. Preloaded Music?
2. Anyone else having problems with the camera?

Curious...

--Jon

The Xoom comes with music pre-loaded.

siscim23

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Viscott: My Xoom came with preloaded music too, nothing I've ever heard of though.
I haven't had any problems with the camera, nor have I seen threads relating to any issues.

lookinside: You have 90 days to return the unit you bought. If you then buy a 3G unit, you have 90 days from that purchase date to return it. Although, I'm sure there's fine print preventing you from exchanging your Xoom every 89 days.

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Preloaded music was part of the Zoom 3G product so the fact that it was part of the wifi product is not surprising.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Me and another fellow Xoomer were the first ones in my Costco yesterday morning as well. I grabbed two and headed for the door, first time I've ever been customer number 0001 there!

I also didn't notice the note on the box regarding the case, but I opened one of mine in the parking lot, to confirm it was there.

So far I love this thing!! Of course, my 6 year old is getting more time on mine and my 2-1/2 year old is getting more time on my wife's, but whatever! My boy is kicking some a** on Angry Birds!

mpf

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Picked up a wi-fi XOOM yesterday at local Staples (Costco too far away). The store manager tried valiantly to sell me their "protection plan" -- but at a third of the cost of a $600 device for the accident protection, I couldn't justify the cost.

Two things I noticed right away: Fingerprint smudges on the screen -- and the performance was FAST. I had played with the XOOM at the local Verizon a couple of weeks ago, and loved the device, except that it had a tendency to hesitate at times, not enough to turn me away; just enough to be occasionally noticeable. The model I picked up yesterday has yet to show me any hesitation in anything it does -- and I haven't experienced any of the "force close" issues I've read about.

I'm now looking for a suitable screen protector which will hopefully reduce the fingerprint smudge issues.

praytorain

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how many they actually shipped, but I just called Costco.com and they are saying it might not ship for a couple of more days. This is upsetting as the pre-order said it would ship on the 27th, and the page for ordering it still says it will be shipping on the 27th.

Bo#AC

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine a week ago from Costco. Just got an email from them saying it shipped. Sent a UPS tracking number, should get to Colorado this Wednesday. Can't wait...

praytorain

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I would love to pick it up, but that isn't possible either. The two nearst ones are 40 miles away and they do not carry the Xoom Wifi. I am frustrated because during the order process it was listed to start shipping on the 3/27 and it still hasn't shipped. Also the website says it will be available at my local Costco warehouse, but none of them carry the product.

Wonder if they list it this way to boost sales with misleading information. If so, it is the last time I do business at Costco, and will be requesting a full refund.

Has anybody else experienced similar issues with Costco this time or in the past?

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I would love to pick it up, but that isn't possible either. The two nearst ones are 40 miles away and they do not carry the Xoom Wifi. I am frustrated because during the order process it was listed to start shipping on the 3/27 and it still hasn't shipped. Also the website says it will be available at my local Costco warehouse, but none of them carry the product.

Wonder if they list it this way to boost sales with misleading information. If so, it is the last time I do business at Costco, and will be requesting a full refund.

Has anybody else experienced similar issues with Costco this time or in the past?

Gotcha -

Well if it makes you feel any better I have not seen anything saying Amazon shipped yet. I think even if you have to wait an extra week you can't beat the 90 day's and free case.

zach_alt

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm buying a costco membership just because of the 90 day return policy. So if the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is that much better, I'll be able to return the Xoom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech