While I like the market place being available on the web and not a seperate install, it has some problems syncing to my xoom. I choose to install from the web and sometimes it takes over an hour for my xoom to sync up.

The built-in market place seems kinda shady also. Sometimes taking over 20 minutes to BEGIN a download of an app. These things are going to turn less savy people off.

I also get frequent notifications that there was a "network error"
    This could be my wifi, but I doubt it. The one thing I loved about the original ipad is that it took less than 2 seconds to connect back up to my wifi after it slept. I have to wait minutes for the xoom to do it.

Google I hope you are reading this. If you want to gain market share you need your software to be up to par.
    03-27-2011 06:43 PM
    Some people have complained about problems with keeping connectivity with their routers but I haven't experienced much of a problem. I also haven't experienced any trouble download apps using the built in Market app or remotely from a computer, so it definitely sounds like it's an issue with connectivity. What type of router do you use?
    clehmann likes this.
    03-27-2011 06:47 PM
    belkin, but no other device seems to have a problem

I can surf the web just fine but its still not syncing
    03-27-2011 06:48 PM
    I don't have any of these issues with my Xoom, wifi and instantly downloading apps either from the Xoom itself or from my laptop. When my Xoom is sleeping it stays connected to the wifi as I hear alerts all the time while not using it.

I like the Android Market and find it to be super cool and looking forward to continuous improvements over time. If you don't like it checkout the Amazon Appstore as you now have options and compition. FYI - the Amazon Appstore is giving away a free app per day... get em while they're hot!!
    03-27-2011 06:48 PM
    I have had mine since launch day and have never had any of those problems.. sounds like you have a modem problem or maybe the trouble is with the xoom.. I would have never kept it with those issues..
    03-27-2011 06:52 PM
    yeah its driving me crazy
    03-27-2011 06:53 PM
    IMHO, this has absolutely nothing to do with your XOOM and everything to do with your home network connections.

We have three XOOMs in my family (mine, my wife's and my 16 year old son). Browsing to any site is done in a flash. Downloading even the largest of apps have never taken more than a minute or two... and I'm over estimating the time I'm sure.

What you describe sounds more like a dial up modem from the 80's. Seriously, you shouldn't even begin to believe any modern day web appliance would behave so sluggishly. The performance you describe is ridiculous.

Do yourself a favor. Keep an open mind and go down to your nearest Starbucks or other tech friendly place with good WiFi to test your unit. If you still have these problems, you have a bum unit and needs to be returned.
    03-27-2011 06:55 PM
    IMHO, this has absolutely nothing to do with your XOOM and everything to do with your home network connections.

We have three XOOMs in my family (mine, my wife's and my 16 year old son). Browsing to any site is done in a flash. Downloading even the largest of apps have never taken more than a minute or two... and I'm over estimating the time I'm sure.

What you describe sounds more like a dial up modem from the 80's. Seriously, you shouldn't even begin to believe any modern day web appliance would behave so sluggishly. The performance you describe is ridiculous.

Do yourself a favor. Keep an open mind and go down to your nearest Starbucks or other tech friendly place with good WiFi to test your unit. If you still have these problems, you have a bum unit and needs to be returned.
    Dude, you are the Xoom master-blaster!! That's so awesome you've purchased one for each family member... how cool!!
    03-27-2011 07:00 PM
    I've had issues but, never a network problem. That has always worked well. I don't really care for belkin routers but, that's just me. I would check your network settings or maybe you just have a defective Xoom.

I hope it works out for you, it sucks when something isn't working correctly for you and no one else seems to have the problem, I've been there; especially with these type of devices.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    03-27-2011 07:02 PM
    well my calendar synced, but I chose some apps to install since before my first post and its still not done on the xoom
    03-27-2011 07:02 PM
    Download speeds are fine, browsing is fine, accessing my FTP shares are fine. Pandora is fine, pulse works fine. It just seems like when accessing the google cloud that my xoom isn't firing on all cylinders. My connection speed according to the fcc test is 8 megs up and down.
    03-27-2011 07:05 PM
    I just had my fascinate hooked up to the wifi and it synced and downloaded an app with no problem. An app I selected on the app store from the web
    03-27-2011 07:11 PM
    Does the wifi only xoom have a wifi sleep policy? Have you tried restarting?
    03-27-2011 07:12 PM
    Ok here is a video of it, you will notice that it only works when it switches to the "My Apps". You will see in the video

TPadden likes this.
    03-27-2011 07:38 PM
    Ok here is a video of it, you will notice that it only works when it switches to the "My Apps". You will see in the video

Alright, that is not the same behaviour that my Xoom has. First I would try a reboot, if you've done that and it hasn't cleared up your problems try to clear your market cache:

Hit the wifi/battery in the lower right to bring up the settings icon, tap it, hit settings, go to applications, manage applications, all, scroll down to market, , hit force stop, then clear data and clear cache, reboot and then re-launch the market.

When I hit to get an app it switches to the app permission view with "my apps" displayed behind it and I'll see the download icon on the lower right of the notification area. Lets hope clearing out the data and rebooting gives you a fresh start. - I did notice a few times, coming from factory, after my initial login, if I killed the market and just tried to get a ton of stuff while it was still syncing my paid/supported apps I would have some weird problems.
    03-27-2011 07:50 PM
    So far it has worked, I will give it a few days
    03-27-2011 08:01 PM
    Well my wifi never gives me an error, so that could just be your model....
    03-27-2011 08:07 PM
    WHS.
    03-27-2011 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD