Anything new in the WiFi?

mhochman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Are the WiFi models a newer model than the 3g? has anything changed?

I ordered a WiFi only model on Bestbuy.com for store pickup, and when i picked it up, they accidentally gave me a Verizon model, and i'm trying to decide if i should return it or not.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

I ordered a WiFi only model on Bestbuy.com for store pickup, and when i picked it up, they accidentally gave me a Verizon model, and i'm trying to decide if i should return it or not.

Did you get it for $600?

zach_alt

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Nothing different at all except the Verizon version has a 3G modem and will have a 4G one soon. Consider yourself very lucky!

siscim23

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Um, the wifi Xoom has a dark titanium colored backplate as opposed to the black one on the Verizon Xoom. That's about it, lol.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
You scored. I'd come clean, but I'm weird like that. The other day, withdrew some cash at the bank and they accidentally gave me an extra $100 bill. When I discovered that I went to the bank and gave them back their money.

Karma brother...I'd rather have it working for me than against me.

anon(167668)

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd come clean to because I don't know what Best Buy's policy is for employee mistakes like that. Some places will dock the employee responsible if they can track it down, and while it's their fault I wouldn't want them to bear that cost.

zach_alt

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Best Buy will not dock the employee, it's chalked up as an inventory mistake and no one cares. It's a bank error in your favor, pass go, and collect $200.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
You scored. I'd come clean, but I'm weird like that. The other day, withdrew some cash at the bank and they accidentally gave me an extra $100 bill. When I discovered that I went to the bank and gave them back their money.

Karma brother...I'd rather have it working for me than against me.

You did the right thing. I would do the same!

+10 Karma points to you.

anon(167668)

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy will not dock the employee, it's chalked up as an inventory mistake and no one cares. It's a bank error in your favor, pass go, and collect $200.

So what you're saying is if it were turned in, then the employee who sold it could get into trouble, and by not turning it in you could be saving the employee some grief. Well, that would clear my conscious if it were my decision.

zach_alt

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
No, if it was turned in, they would just swap it out with a wi-fi version and that's that. No employee will ever be talked to about it. No one will get in trouble. Best Buy has no idea who sold that exact Xoom.

siscim23

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
So what you're saying is if it were turned in, then the employee who sold it could get into trouble, and by not turning it in you could be saving the employee some grief. Well, that would clear my conscious if it were my decision.

Lol
Turning it in would be the death of BB.

codered18

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

The exact same thing happen to me..hahah.

I have two Xoom now, one is 3G they accidentally gave me when i wanted the WiFi and the actual WiFi.

In comparing two of them, very small differences. Most of which would be fix with upgrade in software. The WiFi version is 3 build newer than 3G. The WiFi version is less picky on what USB cable you use. The WiFi version has a lighter back and no Verizon word. Otherwise, they are the same.

Have you tried to activate the 3G via the tablet? I mean going into setting and activate it on month to month contract?

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Let us know if you are able to activate it. Without any provisioning I wonder if it will flag in vzw system. If you were trying to activate a Lte xoom it would not work without provisioning from Verizon.

anon(167668)

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Let us know if you are able to activate it. Without any provisioning I wonder if it will flag in vzw system. If you were trying to activate a Lte xoom it would not work without provisioning from Verizon.

I don't understand this. When I bought my 3g/4g Xoom I didn't do anything with Verizon like activating or provisioning. I simply paid for it and that was it.

mhochman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
if the BB store were right here in town, I'd probably swing right over, but it means driving 100 miles out of my way (50 there and 50 back). It tried to activate via 3g when i first turned it on, then it failed and said "to continue activating via WiFi click next"

As for Karma. maybe this is the Result of Karma, as in the past 3 weeks we totaled our car in an extremely nasty accident on i95, my Mom wound up in the hospital and my 13 year old daughter accidentally put her hand through a plate glass window. so SOMETHING good had to come our way!! lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc