Amazon app store on Xoom?

toddjy

May 26, 2010
Visit site
So I got the Xoom today, and within 15 minutes, went to Amazon to install their app store. Unlike my N1 and Galaxy Tab, there was no link to download the app store installer. Has anybody tried to install from an .apk downloaded to another device? It's possible they don't support tablets yet, and don't consider the Galaxy Tab a real tablet.

Visual360

Dec 9, 2010
www.visual360photography.com
I just did it on mine earlier when I got my wifi xoom. I forgot the exact steps, but you should received an email from amazon where they provide the link to download the app. You will also need to click the option to allow the xoom to install non-market apps.

So far it works flawlessly. Got my angry birds Rio installed. LOL.

mhochman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't intuitive how to install their app, I as well had to get the link from the email, then download it, then find it in "apps" and drag to my homescreen.

siscim23

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I found an advertisement while playing Angry Birds for Angry Birds Rio, which was free from the Amazon Appstore, and took me right to where I needed to be to download the Appstore app. I think I downloaded straight from their site though, I didn't get an email about it.

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I found an advertisement while playing Angry Birds for Angry Birds Rio, which was free from the Amazon Appstore, and took me right to where I needed to be to download the Appstore app. I think I downloaded straight from their site though, I didn't get an email about it.

That's what I did this morning, just followed a link. But, yeah, you have to turn on "allow 3rd party apps".

xzigraz

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
You need to go to Amazon website and navigator to Amazon Appstore, there it will ask for your email or phone number and send the link to you to download the app. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass to download it.

mccub

May 19, 2010
Visit site
And once it's installed, be careful using it. If you accidently tap on a "Purchase" link it will start downloading the app and charge your Amazon account without a confirmation. There is no refund period like in Google's App Market, and getting a refund from Amazon involves an email and a scolding from them that they are "making an exception" in granting you the refund.

Some people have said that if you turn off One-Click Purchasing within Amazon, you will be prompted for confirmation when tapping "Purchase." However, I don't have On-Click activated on my Amazon account and it still does it.

Just be careful when browsing apps :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante