Most realible and cheapest place to purchase Xoom?

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. In a couple days Im going to get the Wifi version of the Xoom. They have a Staples down the street but im not paying $50 tax price. Im better off getting the Xoom online. I would do ebay, but the best place with the cheapest price I have found is Costco. I know Ill get the gel case plus the free shipping. I wont pay taxes since there isnt a Costco here. Anyone purchase there Xoom from Costco? I dont have a membership. Anyone know whats involved and what they will charge me extra from ordering from there? Of does anyone recommend another place?

I guess I could throw Amazon in the picture since I have ordered from them before. Any input would be great. I want free shipping and I want it fast lol!

Edit: Ok there are costcos around where Im at. I have a BJs membership and Sams club to. So I guess Costco is like BJs? Either way, I dont want to pay the taxes and if I order it from there website, they will probably still charge me taxes. I might be better off with Amazon?

anon(49433)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Costco memberships are like 40-60 per year. So if Costco is the same price as Staples, you'll have to pay for the membership fee to join and buy it.

siscim23

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Amazon is now $589.99, and you won't have you pay tax. If you have Amazon Prime, you get it in 2 days. You just won't get the free gel case like from Costco. That case is roughly $20, so you would still save if you bought it after buying the Xoom from Amazon.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
BHphoto has them in stock for the $599 price, with 2 day shipping amounting to about $7.50 for my zip code.

I?ve bought thousands of dollars in camera equipment from them over the net and have been satisfied with their service over the years.

Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi 10.1" Tablet 00001NARGNLX B&H Photo

-Suntan

That's a great store to kill some time in as well, I got my TV from them last January. They've been around forever and really have the process down.

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday they had a "add to cart to see price".

Yeah...gone today. Plus, they drop ship from Moto and it now shows they have a 4-5 day "processing" wait in addition to shipping.

I have one coming from Costco but they ship via pack-mule and I was trying to grab one by the weekend.

Thanks

bj

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The Xoom at Costco also comes with a free 2 year warranty.

Amazon is now $589.99, and you won't have you pay tax. If you have Amazon Prime, you get it in 2 days. You just won't get the free gel case like from Costco. That case is roughly $20, so you would still save if you bought it after buying the Xoom from Amazon.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have one coming from Costco

In a rare break of self restraint I stopped by the local Costco last night to become a member and impulsively pick up the Xoom. However, their byzantine requirements for payment meant that I had no way to pay for it even if I wanted to (I don?t regularly carry a checkbook because I was 3 at the end of the 70?s.)

Too bad Sam?s Club didn?t offer the Xoom.

-Suntan

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah well, the one time I had an Amex card (corporate card for work) I got tired of everyone telling me they didn’t accept it. As for the debit card, the lady said they didn’t take the one I had, even though it is from a major federal bank in the area.

Such is life. If I’m still feeling the urge after work tonight, I may have to break down and stop by Staples.

Just out of curiosity, do you get stuck behind a lot of check writers while waiting to check out at Costco? That would drive me insane.

-Suntan

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah well, the one time I had an Amex card (corporate card for work) I got tired of everyone telling me they didn’t accept it. As for the debit card, the lady said they didn’t take the one I had, even though it is from a major federal bank in the area.

Such is life. If I’m still feeling the urge after work tonight, I may have to break down and stop by Staples.

Just out of curiosity, do you get stuck behind a lot of check writers while waiting to check out at Costco? That would drive me insane.

-Suntan

What kind of backwards a$$ Byzantine bank do you bank at that Costco wouldn't accept their debit card?

No, I never get stuck in line waiting for check writers, everyone uses their debit cards or AMEX and I've never seen anyone turned away.

They're also happy to take cash by the way. ATM's are abundant in the free world, at least the part I live in.

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Just cancelled my Costco.com order and popped up to the Lincoln Park store (Chicago) at lunch. They has 25 come in today. $589. Free gel case. Costco extends the warranty and MORE IMPORTANTLY they have a killer 90 day, no questions asked return policy. NOBODY else has that. BB, Staples, etc all have like 14 days. So, mama gets an early birthday present tonight. I'll just forget any possible reciprocity for at least a couple of nights while she gets it all set up the way she wants it. Review will be forthcoming. (Of the Xoom, not the reciprocity!)

By the way, there were a buttload of people eating $1.00 hot dogs, churros and ice cream at the "food court" but no real lines at the checkout. I literally walked in, took the display piece to the cashier, handed it to her along with my CC and they unchaged one. In-out-gone in about 5 minutes. :)

bj

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. In a couple days Im going to get the Wifi version of the Xoom. They have a Staples down the street but im not paying $50 tax price. Im better off getting the Xoom online. I would do ebay, but the best place with the cheapest price I have found is Costco. I know Ill get the gel case plus the free shipping. I wont pay taxes since there isnt a Costco here. Anyone purchase there Xoom from Costco? I dont have a membership. Anyone know whats involved and what they will charge me extra from ordering from there? Of does anyone recommend another place?

I guess I could throw Amazon in the picture since I have ordered from them before. Any input would be great. I want free shipping and I want it fast lol!

Edit: Ok there are costcos around where Im at. I have a BJs membership and Sams club to. So I guess Costco is like BJs? Either way, I dont want to pay the taxes and if I order it from there website, they will probably still charge me taxes. I might be better off with Amazon?

I was going to ask what country you live unit you don't have a Costco. I believe you will pay tax for any item ordered via Costco online inany states in USA.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So it's looking like basically Amazon is my best bet? But have to wait a few more days?

Sent from my Dual Core Beast Atrix using Tapatalk

kaivorb

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I am no way *recommeding* this, but this is the method I used this past week. I also wanted my Xoom immediately, but didn't want to pay almost $50 in taxes. I found a "workaround" if you will.

I went out and bought my XOOM from Staples Sunday afternoon. I kept my receipt. I opened it that night and played with it. Awesome. I also went online and bought one from Amazon that same evening. I'm a prime member, so the shipping was fast and cheap. My second XOOM arrived from Amazon Tuesday.

Today I took the brand new unopened XOOM (from Amazon) back to Staples and returned it for a full refund. This way I got to play with my XOOM without waiting AND didn't have to pay $50 in taxes. It just required two trips to Staples (about 10 minutes from my suburban house), but I thought that was well worth it.

Anyway, just my two cents on how to work the system. It worked perfectly for me.

Enjoy.
K--