Native email vs K9 - Question

IamJAd

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't able to use the native email program at first since some of my email accounts are through GoDaddy. I was using K9, which worked, but wasn't optimized for tablet display. However, ever since the Xoom update, it works again...

....and I'm really liking it! Not only is the layout optimized for tablets, but it seems to do just about everything K9 does. I can have separate signatures depending on the email account, too. Looks very similar to the GMail app.

I did find something I can't figure out though. Let's say I find a webpage on Dolphin that I want to email the link to. I hit to share the page. It asks me what program to use. I hit "EMail" (the native program), and it launches. The email account that it will be sent from is the one that is marked to be the default. However, I can't seem to figure how to change it to one of my other accounts. Is there a way? I know K9 does.

Is there any other reason why the native email program is lacking?

Thanks for all your help!

IamJAd

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
By the way, this lack of ability to change the email identity seems to exist no matter which app I'm referring from. So, if I want to email a link from Pulse, a browser, or whatever...same thing.

Help is appreciated. Thanks.

IamJAd

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind. Just got off the phone with Motorola. The native email program (not GMail) doesn't have a way to change the email identity used.

Damn.

Back to K9, I guess...