Just bought a xoom. I went into the app market and I am a little confused. I see a heading called featured tablet apps and it says there are 59 of them. Is this all the tablet apps or is there a way to view all? Also in the amazon app store I don't even see a tablet app selection. Is there a way to sort by tablet? Last one.... how are apps updated? Guess I'm just used to an I pad lol.

04-02-2011 07:40 PM
    Yea the android market is weird, there is no way to sort all the tablet apps. What I do isnsearch for honeycomb or xoom and you will get most tablet apps show up.
    04-02-2011 08:39 PM
    It doesn't mean there are only 59 apps for Honeycomb, those are just the ones that are made specifically for Honeycomb and are featured. Most apps will install on the Xoom, and the ones that don't work won't open at all, the ones that work but aren't compatible will just look weird.

The Amazon Appstore does not have a way to sort for tablet only, best bet is to do what ravizzle said, search for xoom, tablet, honeycomb, etc.

You have the option to set individual apps to automatically update, or (by default) you will see a notification in the taskbar showing there are updates available. Clicking this will open My Apps in the Market and show you which ones have updates available.

You can also browse apps in the Market on your computer at market.android.com. When you try to install one, it will tell you if it's compatible with your device.
    04-02-2011 08:47 PM
    Also, there is a great stickie in this forum that keeps an updated list of honeycomb optimized Apps. I highly recommend checking that out.
    04-02-2011 09:07 PM
    It's silly that I have to check out the Android Central sticky every day to see what new apps are out there, but it's what I've been doing! Thanks to everyone who keeps updating it for us.
    04-02-2011 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD