Programs or Apps for Video

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Are there any apps, or programs that I can use which would allow me to view some of my videos, or dvd's on my Xoom? If there are I can't find them so far.

I had been able to do this on the ipad, but so far no luck on the Xoom.

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
Are there any apps, or programs that I can use which would allow me to view some of my videos, or dvd's on my Xoom? If there are I can't find them so far.

I had been able to do this on the ipad, but so far no luck on the Xoom.

I have loaded several movies. from avi to mp4. I am a total video streaming junky. I use handbrake, ironically it's made for apple :) but does a nice job of converting to Xoom friendly format. I tend to go from AVI format to Xoom mp4

Not sure if you're referring to streaming or not..
I stream on everything with tversity, but haven't figured it out quite yet on my xoom which is silly, ( does work on my WP7 lol ) just a setting somewhere I am convinced of that.

I rock WHS 2011 and do all my video converting there.
here is an android tversity walkthru. Handbrake is (*&%# awesome, i love it. Easier (and cheaper) than re-rendering full on vids with Sony Vegas if you don't have video editing skillz.

I wrote a custom walkthrough because of this thread. It will answer everything, handbrake works !

And here are a few other pretty sweet articles on xoom:
Xoom Tablets | Booya Gadget

attached is a snapshot ( hurt locker )

Last edited:
Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
I likedvd catalyst 4, it costs 10 bucks, and has a specific xoom profile for conversions.

Hmm, I've never played with that one. i hate looking for video editors.. tough search if that makes sense.

but handbrake is open source and free... To each his own though, I am not knocking, go with what you feel comfortable with.

OP now has at least 2 options, and there a lot more ! :)

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
DVD catalyst is worth the 10 bucks, in so much as it will convert them in a single click to a completely optimized form. I haven't played with handbrake but judging by the number of threads that have popped up here about what settings to use to get it to work it seems that it may be a bit tougher to use.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
.....handbrake but judging by the number of threads that have popped up here about what settings to use to get it to work it seems that it may be a bit tougher to use.

that's the classic: "it's too hard" :) once you get it rocking, it too becomes 1 click. not attacking, I just like free and open source when possible. don't get me wrong, i've spent a lot of money on tools... I had to play a little with HB myself ! I also use DVD Fab, one of my all time favorites. I will give that a test on the Xoom which I haven't yet.

This was ironically well timed though:
Russcausier82 said:
on dvd catalyst which xoom setting do you use for best quality and what settings? Got free trial.

elai1108

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
DVD catalyst is worth the 10 bucks, in so much as it will convert them in a single click to a completely optimized form. I haven't played with handbrake but judging by the number of threads that have popped up here about what settings to use to get it to work it seems that it may be a bit tougher to use.
Does DVD Catalyst remove DRM from DVDs?

crewcabrob

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I sprung for teh paid version. It was worth it to me to have quicker rip times and better interface. Didn't even look at the free version.

I have used Slysoft in the past for other DVD rips. That product is just too expensive and does just the same thing as Catalyst for less than $10.

Rob

Reactions: elai1108