Nesoid Xoom with Wii Control working well.

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
I've spent too much money on apps.
But the nesoid app was worth the $3.99 I had a bunch old nes roms that I use to play on my gameboy advance(with flash card). i saw in an earlier post that it was sketchy to find roms. the file date on my roms was 2003, but I remember it was dirty business. Glad I have my faves now. Younger people may not like NES roms, but it is right in the heart of the birth of my gaming love.

nesoid is Worth a download probably. I sleep with my Xoom now. I saw someone saying their screen turned black with nesoid.. Only experience I've had is sweetness.
Demo.

Video Demo

Nesoid MarketPlace
Wiimote MarketPlace

I also added an article on HOW TO CONNECT the Wii to the Droid. it has a couple gotchas that even I got stuck on.
How to Connect Wii Controller for Nesoid Android Xoom | Booya Gadget

Last edited:

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
You should also try the snesoid as well. I also purchased N64oid before it was pulled for updating. Hopefully it will be back soon with more features.

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
You should also try the snesoid as well. I also purchased N64oid before it was pulled for updating. Hopefully it will be back soon with more features.

Yeah, my next step is SNES. No Doubt. I assure you I played all those friggin systems a lot as a youngster. I guess i'll just go step by step through the decades. Then maybe I can find a little Bond for 64.

SNES -> ken griffey jr baseball. I do have some SNES roms laying around somewhere. That is the next step for sure !

I just love how you can stack 50-150-200 NES games in such SMALL sizes.

effingpace

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I just installed NESOid today, going to hookup the wii remote later tonight but ive been playing with the on screen controls,lots of fun!

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
I just installed NESOid today, going to hookup the wii remote later tonight but ive been playing with the on screen controls,lots of fun!

I think you're gonna enjoy it !
If you have any issues connecting the Wii
these flickr shots should help

the "gotcha" is that you have to map the buttons once, and then save the profile.
It looks like it's already mapped, but is misleading. Happy Excitebiking lol

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com

Damn you live2ride ! ;)
Yes, Snesoid does work quite well too. wonder how long till my app purchases equal the cost of my xoom.

I tested it out with an old classic Final Fantasy 2.
(pic attached )

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com

Hey, I saw your pm.
having problems replying OR I blew you up with 3 messages.

I have the solution to your problem. just can't get this pm back to you.
sorry, i think the pm's worked great. so you can delete them all.

I had the option off to save my sent messages. sorry ! I think I BLEW UP your inbox lol. I just didn't get good confirmation.

Last edited:

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I've spent too much money on apps.
But the nesoid app was worth the $3.99 I had a bunch old nes roms that I use to play on my gameboy advance(with flash card). i saw in an earlier post that it was sketchy to find roms. the file date on my roms was 2003, but I remember it was dirty business. Glad I have my faves now. Younger people may not like NES roms, but it is right in the heart of the birth of my gaming love.

nesoid is Worth a download probably. I sleep with my Xoom now. I saw someone saying their screen turned black with nesoid.. Only experience I've had is sweetness.
Demo.
U
Video Demo
YouTube - Best Xoom Apps: Play Nintendo 8 Bit with Wii Controller

Nesoid MarketPlace
Wiimote MarketPlace

Here is a link to my Xoom/controller mod from awhile back.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-xoom/67014-my-controller-mod.html

effingpace

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get 2 remotes synced up to the xoom but only able to get one at a time to work on NESOID. Anyone get 2 remotes to work at the same time for a 2 player game?

Last edited:

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know of any apps that would turn your android phone into a "fullscreen" controller that would sync via BT to the Xoom?

You'd still have to deal with a touchscreen instead of having real gaming controls, but at least you could use the entire phones screen for controls and still have a full screen on the xoom to look at the game.

-Suntan

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know of any apps that would turn your android phone into a "fullscreen" controller that would sync via BT to the Xoom?

You'd still have to deal with a touchscreen instead of having real gaming controls, but at least you could use the entire phones screen for controls and still have a full screen on the xoom to look at the game.

-Suntan

Search the market for "simple wii controller", that should do what you are asking. I haven't tried it yet.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

-Suntan

this is a genius idea... I could see one reason why this wouldnt work. because the bluetooth sync would be a phone stack and not a bluetooth stack making the xoom think its a phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox