canceling xoom service question?

ootuoyetahi

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
You have more then a data plan, you have a contract. You'll have to call Verizon and terminate the contract but you will be subject to an early termination fee.

siscim23

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
You don't know whether or not he has a contract.

OP, you probably have to call to cancel it. If you are planning on starting it back up, you would want to suspend service, which you can do online.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Verizon only required a one month agreement for the Xoom. So as long as you have paid for the first month of data then you are free to cancel your data plan any time you want. It just takes a simple call to Verizon.

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you cancel within 72 hours you don't pay for anything but the data you've used.

Note that while this is definately the policy, it took me 3 calls to get them to correctly credit everything. If you stay on top of them though, they'll get it done.

Here's the full story if anyone is interested:

I called to cancel my data within the 72 hour period and was told that it was no problem and I'd recieve a bill for the usage, about 15 days later I get my first bill from Verizon with $60.61 in charges which included the first month, plust the acrivation fee, plus usage and tax. The usage amounted to about .65 cents. I called them when I got it and they argued about the activation fee but eventually said they'd credit it and send me a new bill and I should throw out the one I had. Well, a month later I get a new bill for... $60.61 threatening late fees. They obviously canceled the service because there was no new monthly service fee. I called and got someone good who appologized for the error and credited the entire bill, and told me I now have a $0 balance. Hopefully I won't get another bill next month.

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow Verizon is such a mess. I'm so glad I didn't get their Xoom.

agree. I have their FiOS service at my house and whenever I call to change something it takes 10 minutes of them transfering to different departments to get someone who can look up my account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad