Wifi xoom unable to run some apps

t.saettele

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been using 3g xoom for a few weeks and love it. Everything works great. I just bought another wifi xoom for my wife, and am having problems getting some apps to run on it. Specifically, pandora and epocrates (medical app). Both force close when trying to start. I've tried uninstalling, re-installing, xoom reboot, factory reset, and anything else I could think of, but no luck. So far other apps run OK. Anyone having similar issues, and any ideas?

siscim23

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Pandora is a known issue, they are working on optimizing it for the tablet before updating it. You can search for the nook version of Pandora, it plays in portrait mode but works fine on the WiFi Xoom.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I actually emailed the epocrates people and they said that epocrates is not officially supporting honeycomb yet. However, they said they are evaluating it. I suspect that in the next few months honeycomb will be fully supported.

Lannister

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Epocrates works GREAT on my Inspire and 3g Xoom so it does work with honeycomb...
I use it maybe 7-10 times a day in my work.
It may not work on the wifi version because they need to program it to use wifi instead of 3g for auto-update.

Until then... you could download Skyscape or Tarascons on her Xoom. As they both also work great on mine.

Lannister

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Epocrates doesn't seem to work on my WiFi Xoom. My hunch is that until now all android devices had a 3G radio and I know that Epocrates used to require a data connection. Now with the wifi only, it may be causing problems.

t.saettele

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Actually, my 3g xoom is not using the mobile network. It's just running over wifi. There must be a software difference between android honeycomb on wifi vs. Verizon. That would explain why some apps run on the 3g xoom (even in wifi mode) but not on the wifi xoom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781