What color is your wifi strength meter ( wifi only model )

allenpaul75

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed something on my wifi only xoom and my wife's ..... On hers her wifi strength meter is blue and the same color as her battery meter icon on the lower right bottom of the screen , on mine the wifi strength meter is grey. We both have the wifi only model and they were purchased the same day one from Costco one from Staples. Also we both have our screens at the same brightness percentage using the same app. I also adjusted the brightness to check if it changed color at different levels and it stays grey even at 100 percent brightness. Is mine a bad unit? Does anyone else have the grey wifi strength meter? Thanks for the help and if anyone can check there's I would appreciate it.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
It's grey when you aren't connected to the internet and blue when you are. If you look through the 3.0 users guide it covers it. So if your's is showing grey it is most likely because you are not connected to a wifi network when you looked. Double check your connection and then see what color it is.

reagan247

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
It's only grey on mine when there is no Wifi service the Xoom is connected to... is your's grey when the Wifi is working?

allenpaul75

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
My little gmail icon and the headphones icon for playing music is also grey everything else is blue on the bottom like the time, battery, android buttons.

allenpaul75

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
ok well I think I figured it out ..... I had accounts sync off and background data off, when I turned on background data my wifi meter is bright blue. I turned it off again and it is grey. So I guess that shows if data is on.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
The grey can also signify when you are connected to a WiFi network but additional authentication is needed to browse out freely. My assumption is that there is something that the device checks in with to determine whether to show it as blue (fully connected) or grey (limited connectivity and/or unable to communicate).

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
grey means you are not connected to Google's servers, blue you are

For instance you will not receive GMAIL if it is grey but when it turns blue they will come streaming in. This has been in place since Gingerbread where the wifi/3g icons are green your are connected to Google's servers, white and you are not.

uansari1

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site

For instance you will not receive GMAIL if it is grey but when it turns blue they will come streaming in. This has been in place since Gingerbread where the wifi/3g icons are green your are connected to Google's servers, white and you are not.

Ding ding ding! This is the only person to get it right! Just like with Gingerbread, the wifi icon is grey if you're not connected to Google's server, and it's colored (green in gingerbread and blue in honeycomb) when you are. Having sync turned off would do it. Sometimes you can lose connection to Google regardless of sync settings, in which case just force a reconnect by opening Gtalk and letting it sign in again.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Damarcus 1998

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed something on my wifi only xoom and my wife's ..... On hers her wifi strength meter is blue and the same color as her battery meter icon on the lower right bottom of the screen , on mine the wifi strength meter is grey. We both have the wifi only model and they were purchased the same day one from Costco one from Staples. Also we both have our screens at the same brightness percentage using the same app. I also adjusted the brightness to check if it changed color at different levels and it stays grey even at 100 percent brightness. Is mine a bad unit? Does anyone else have the grey wifi strength meter? Thanks for the help and if anyone can check there's I would appreciate it.
there is no color:'(

Damarcus 1998

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

grey:':)'(