Sync iTunes Playlists with XOOM (Mac)

jeffmorr

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I just got my beautiful XOOM today, and I'm loving every bit of it. Now, I've been trying to sync music to the tablet. I have a Mac, and it's been very easy to use the "Android File Transfer" software, but it doesn't allow me to copy on my iTunes playlists. The music transferes fine, but the playlists don't. DoubleTwist doesn't recognize it, because the tablet isn't actually mounted as a disk.

Anyone find a solution to this problem yet? Or, does anyone know if I can use DoubleTwist AirSync and synchronize the music to my XOOM's internal memory, then use the standard music app for listening?

Thanks for the help everyone!

(btw, I love my XOOM, and I don't think I'll ever use my iPad again, except for Netflix until the app comes out on the XOOM)

Adamd

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Wow you are one of the few that is not tied up with only Apple products and you see that other products are out there. That seems rare these days. Just wanted to say keep up the good work and enjoy!!!

jeffmorr

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I live in Canada where we don't have access to Amazons music, tv, and movies, so iTunes is the only option. I think I will try AirSync

pearlmikejam

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
PC here - iSyncr and iSyncr WiFi work extremely well with iTunes, including the playlists.

+1 for this. I believe their is a Mac version of the iSyncr server for your Mac too. If you do not want to spend the extra $0.99 on the wifi iSyncr, I believe the iSyncr folks are working on a Honeycomb compatible standard/USB version.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I use a PC but doubletwist with air sync works great and will transfer everything try out the app itself first and then decide if you want to pay for the airsync option.

glennarmor

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey Folks, I'm sure JeffMorr appreciates you taking the time to reply to his question (which dilemma I am also in), but he says he has a Mac. So all of you that mention that you have a PC and then give an "answer," you're wasting everyone's time. Please take a moment to actually consider the question posted before giving an "answer." Thanks.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Here is how I would do it on my PC (Mac Google Music Client instructions added)

#1 I use Google Music and their cloud service. I have configured the Google Music Client to sync music from my iTunes library. Edit: -- Get the Mac Google Music Client from instructions below.

#2 I sync all of my music to the cloud. Wait a day or so for this to complete

#3 On my Xoom, Launch Google Music, and make sure you sign into your google account

#4 Select one of your synched Playlists and touch the little triangel in the lower right hand corner of the playlist icon.

#5 A menu of options (Play, Available offline, rename, delete) shows up. Place a check in the box next to Available Off line.

#6 Your music will download to your Xoom. This may take some time depending on how large of a playlist you have.

#7 Have fun!

Edit: Here is how to get the Mac Google Music manager:

Mac
Visit music.google.com and click 'Add Music' at the top right of the screen.
Click 'Download the Music Manager'.
From the bottom left corner of your browser, click 'Save'.
From the bottom left corner of your browser, double-click the .dmg.
Drag the Google Music icon into your Applications folder.
Open the Applications folder.
Open Google Music.

Last edited: