BAD CABLE SOLVED-->Down goes frazier, AND MY HDMI.. pissed

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
wow i'm so pissed.
HDMI out is busted, that's not a feature that i'm willing to not have.

run every test, except a new cable, which I will go have to purchase again tomorrow.
Already was not happy having to test with a factory reset so this is hardware in some way. My TV's know it's plugged in, but they get no signal.

I've made videos of this thing bragging on it's hdmi.. so it is a 'one day it stopped working' thing. Wondering if the port itself is damaged, new cable will prove that real quick.

after hrs at support. so mad.
I hate to say, despite the massive amount i've spent on apps I would consider going pad2. RMA processes typically blow, unless they send me a replacement first, which I doubt. First tablet, and now I'm Angry-Black in full effect. I like all these power tablets just didn't want to follow the joneses with the pad2.

did I mention i'm pissed ? AAARRGH

Last edited:

Bossxii

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately it is pretty clear the Xoom was rushed to market and will have a few issues. I've had it now for about three weeks and love the features but the lock ups and hard resets have been very annoying. Thankfully nothing like you describe but I've not even purchased a cable to try HDMI out. Guess I should do that before my return period is up.

Anyhow, I gone back and forth a few times on which tablet will be my main one as I have both an iPad 2 and the Xoom. Pickups, force closes and other issues asides I still love the Xoom. Flash is way better than I ever imagined it would be, the ability to use email attach,ant from a file system is a big one for me as well. Top that off with the ability to drag and drop media to a file system and avoid iTunes all together has been really nice, not to mention pretty much tether free unless I want to hook up. Wireless sync such as Doulble Twist Air, not perfect but an option. OTA updates and chrome browser with it's quick controls are nice.

On the iPad plus side...The obvious apps I already own from my first iPad. The IPS screen are the two things I wish the Xoom had. Aside from hat don't miss it. Not to mention the damn LCD light bleed I have, even I keep the iPad 2 it getting exchanged as the screen has a fairly annoying case of light bleed when trying to watch a movie and it very noticeable.

I hope a new cable fixes your issues as I do know HDMI cables can be rather picky as I've learned with some cheap ones that flicker or won't work at all with a PS3 or my iPads HDMI out. No signal with it, perfect picture with the $30 Sony HDMI cable. Then again I have two other cheap no brabpnd cables that work perfect. Go figure...

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I hope it's the cable. I don't think it's a software/xoom issue since you've said you did a factory reset.

Also, the port on the ipad/ipad2/transformer/galaxy tab can break as well.

Bossxii

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I hope it's the cable. I don't think it's a software/xoom issue since you've said you did a factory reset.

Also, the port on the ipad/ipad2/transformer/galaxy tab can break as well.

I think the HDMI cable is going to be an issue over time, plugging it in, and a regular HDMI cable puts strain on the 30 pin connector. I am just waiting to hear the stories out this gets jacked up on the various forums. It was very poorly thought out on Apple's part. People will hook up to game and such on their big screen and it's simply to awkward and heavy to stay plugged in.

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
HDMI Fail RESOLVED.. BAD CABLE

bad Cable.

plugged in a new one.

Voila. solved.

I am no longer angry black. now I am happy black.
Take back some of what I said.

Now i will get the motorola xoom tattoo on my neck as I had planned ahead of time.

Just wanted to share the tale in case anyone goes through similar.

lol.... Maybe I should count to 100 next time.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
bad Cable.

plugged in a new one.

Voila. solved.

Now i will get the motorola xoom tattoo on my neck as I had planned ahead of time.

Im glad that did the trick.

Bossxii

May 13, 2010
Visit site
bad Cable.

plugged in a new one.

Voila. solved.

Wohoo! Glad it was just a cable. Now make sure to post some pics of that new tat!;)