I should've return my xoom earlier...

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
It will end when I have a tablet with Honeycomb and an IPS screen. Xoom is a great tablet, and I love Honeycomb but why settle for what in my opinion is a less than stellar screen when an IPS based tablet with the exact hardware spec's is coming in a few weeks? If I was beyond my return policy I'd probably just hang on the Xoom until the Xoom 2.. or whatever but the Asus Transformer with the keyboard dock and potential of 16 hour battery just makes to much sense to not give it a fair shake.

If I had never used an IPS screen on a tablet I wouldn't think much of it, but going backwards in screen tech to the Xoom just bugs me in an otherwise quality device.

Lots of light bleed on your ips screen ... yep I see how that's much nicer than the xoom screen. I have Ipad one and Ipad two and don't find the xoom screen lacking anything other than a bit of vibrancy. I am in the market for a seven inch tab and look forward to seeing what comes along. My xooms are keepers.

Bossxii

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt say in that direct path. To me it would be OS, Hardware then Apps. The thing about Android being open source is that all of these horrible quality companys are making cheap tablets and it makes Android look cheap. Its a shame. Ive owned BlackBerry, The Dell Streak, Samsung Captivate, HTC Aria and now the Atrix and Xoom. Motorola has really stepped there game up with the quality of the hardware. The Xoom just feels like an expensive device, you can tell it is when you hold it. The Screen is actually fantastic on it thanks to the Gorilla Glass on both Xoom and the Atrix. Gorilla Glass will become the Standerd one day. Its almost like if it doesnt, then I wont get something that doesnt have it. It just makes the touch screen that much better. The qHD display is sweet also and is next to Super Amoled. The Super Amoled on the Captivate was the best screen I have ever seen in my life. Samsung needs to start selling that to everyone so we can get S. Amoled on all device.

Edit: I honestly in no way would see the Ipad being better then the Xoom if you put them both out next to eachother and they never had a fanbase. Apple in my opinion, is full of a bunch of followers. Those Followers seen what one company started and ran with it. I consider the Android company and all of the customers who get it, leaders in there own. They dont follow the cult. The roll with the Underdogs. Just like My desktop and Laptop are Dell with Windows OS systems. Ill never in my life by an Apple computer with Macintosh. I refuse for them to think they have a better device. Htc = High Quality. Samsung = High Qualitys with TVs and all. Motorola has been around forever and nowadays, = High Quality. Apple does make High Quality items. But I dont believe and refuse to even think that there quality on what they build is any better then some of the top namebrands in the industry...............Keep in mind. The followers will always follow. Deep down within they are normal followers. Then you have Leaders. Android is a Leader. Even BlackBerry is a leader in its own way. Windows doesnt lead with phones, but they sure do with there operating sytems.

I'm sorry but people currently buying Apple are the same consumers buying anything else. The so called cult of Mac folks are a very, very select and older generation that have use Macs longer than most people posting here have been alive.

The closed minded thinking Apple makes bad products is simply displaying the same ignorant, close minded views the rabid Apple fanboys show. I had hoped to see more level headed and open minds using open OS based products. Sadly it would appear some folks still wear blinders.

Reactions: silvra7

ljewlove

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I'd have to disagree bossil, I think he is spot on with apple having a load of followers that follow simply because of the label. This is the same type of thinking that makes a person buy the same pair of $80 pants or shirts just because it has a certain name brand, when there is an equal or greater product quality around the corner. From experience I have noted that there are a select few who like apple for the actual os and comoany, then there is the remaining large mass that follows because of the brand label.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Reactions: Terrigno

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry but people currently buying Apple are the same consumers buying anything else. The so called cult of Mac folks are a very, very select and older generation that have use Macs longer than most people posting here have been alive.

The closed minded thinking Apple makes bad products is simply displaying the same ignorant, close minded views the rabid Apple fanboys show. I had hoped to see more level headed and open minds using open OS based products. Sadly it would appear some folks still wear blinders.

Apple is good at what they do, dont get me wrong. But the main reason why they sell so many iphones and ipads is because yours and my "less technical" family members and friends can buy one, turn it on and go. Theres not much playing around with it. There are smart people out there that own an Apple Mac computer and the iphones and ipads. But the pure fun in these devices is really seeing what there capible of. You can jail break iphones and do all this and that and its not as pleasent or easy as it is doing with Android. IMO, I lay out an ipad and iphone in front of me. And they operate and look the same in there closed enviorments. I put the Xoom next to an Android phone and right off the bat I can change things around and make stuff look different, the way I want it to. If Im buying a $600 Tablet and having a $200 phone with a contract, I want to be able to do what I want with it and make it the way I like it. And its easy right off the bat. Theres the people that enjoy playing with technology. Then theres people that dont want to tinker with it and just have it work out of the box. Its a seperate crowd. Instead of being in Jail and eating food when THEY want me to, I want to be in MY room and eat food when I feel like eating food. And its gonna be good to! lol

Reactions: hognelson

Bossxii

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Lots of light bleed on your ips screen ... yep I see how that's much nicer than the xoom screen. I have Ipad one and Ipad two and don't find the xoom screen lacking anything other than a bit of vibrancy. I am in the market for a seven inch tab and look forward to seeing what comes along. My xooms are keepers.

I've owned both I pads as well, the first Gen had zero bleed, out if the three iPad 2`s I've used only one had really bad bleed but even then if your not on a black screen you wouldn't know it, I'm not making up what is better quality, its a simple matter of IPS being superior in quality than TN or TFT panels. You can pretend every IPS display will have issues, whatever makes it ok for you I'm fine with. Ill be purchasing a Honeycomb tablet with an IPS display because I prefer them over the current option. The Xoom side by side either iPad looks dull, has a much poorer viewing angle, if that's ok with you by all means, enjoy.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've owned both I pads as well, the first Gen had zero bleed, out if the three iPad 2`s I've used only one had really bad bleed but even then if your not on a black screen you wouldn't know it, I'm not making up what is better quality, its a simple matter of IPS being superior in quality than TN or TFT panels. You can pretend every IPS display will have issues, whatever makes it ok for you I'm fine with. Ill be purchasing a Honeycomb tablet with an IPS display because I prefer them over the current option. The Xoom side by side either iPad looks dull, has a much poorer viewing angle, if that's ok with you by all means, enjoy.

The Xoom in my opinion doesnt really have bad viewing angles. And the screen is fantastic. Gorilla Glass is pleasent and should become a standerd on all screens.

1976AD

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Xoom is the stock google tablet, why get anything else? I've had enough stress waiting for android 2.2 to get to my samsung epic in march, something I've had on my mom's nexus 1 since last year, can't go through same with a tablet, no way, no how..

mineralcobra

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Had the Xoom for a couple of weeks and really enjoyed it. My only gripe was the fact that none of the movies I had in MP4 format could be played without what I considered major Video Judders. Decided that for the time being an I Pad better suited my needs since the primary use I have for a tablet is to us it for a media jukebox when I travel.

I was really hoping not to get an I Pad because I do believe its just a blown up I Pod, but unfortunately when it comes to playing movies it seems to be a step or two ahead of Android.:'(

Heres to hoping I make it back into the Android tablet world next gen.

Reactions: Nchaka

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781