AT&T wifi hotspot

anon(49433)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
So I was walking past a sports arena this morning while browsing on my xoom. I had wifi turned on, because, well, I don't turn it off. Apparently the arena had an AT&T wifi hotspot in it, and my browser came to the AT&T wifi login screen. No manipulation of any url or browser back/forward/reload/etc could get rid of it. Obviously since mine is a Verizon device, it won't let me log in, nor did I want to. Short of turning wifi off (which is what I ended up doing) is there any way to NOT have it log in? I don't have that as a saved spot, as I'd never connected to it before.

kennycrudup

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
The Xoom "being a Verizon device" has zilch to do with you not being able to log into AT&T hotspots (as anyone who's gotten online at a Starbucks can certainly attest).

You just needed a valid login.

runciter

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing you have auto connect to open hotspots enabled and it must have auto connected you to the AT&T wifi hotspot. It wouldn't navigate away from the AT&T login page because you were connected to their wifi and had no creds to go anywhere else.

If you disable that (and forget the connection), it won't ever auto connect you to an open hotspot. I forget the methodology in HC, but it should be similar to 2.X. Settings/Wireless & Network/Wi-Fi Settings/uncheck Network Notification. You should also see the AT&T remembered hotspot and select it and forget the settings for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21