Where's the Flash update?

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The Flash "beta" was released almost 4 weeks ago. At the time, Adobe said that the next update, which would enable hardware acceleration and be tightly integrated with Honeycomb, would be available in a matter of weeks. I'm not necessarily complaining, just wondering why there has been radio silence on this since the beta was released.

Bossxii

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Other than.not being able to run 720p video I have very few issues currently. Many sites work rather smoothly. Sure it will be nice once updated but after using the iPad for 9 months its pretty amazing to have a tablet with Flash in any form.

reagan247

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
It is just a tablet... Flash runs pretty smooth for now, and if you need rather intensive flash stuff done, use a laptop or computer. Flash still uses RAM and occasionally ROM to boost its acceleration, so you can't be surprised it works a little less than satisfactory on a tablet with reasonably less hardware stats than a computer.

chemgeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It is just a tablet... Flash runs pretty smooth for now, and if you need rather intensive flash stuff done, use a laptop or computer. Flash still uses RAM and occasionally ROM to boost its acceleration, so you can't be surprised it works a little less than satisfactory on a tablet with reasonably less hardware stats than a computer.

Actually, the Xoom has better CPU/graphics hardware than most netbooks, and comparable memory. It should be able to run flash, when optimized, as well as a typical laptop or desktop computer. Current limitations on performance are likely on the software end. It's not bad now, however. Could be better if it took more advantage of hardware acceleration.

Cheers.

reagan247

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Actually, the Xoom has better CPU/graphics hardware than most netbooks, and comparable memory. It should be able to run flash, when optimized, as well as a typical laptop or desktop computer. Current limitations on performance are likely on the software end. It's not bad now, however. Could be better if it took more advantage of hardware acceleration.

Cheers.

I agree, but most netbooks are also running an optimized version of Flash for their OS. And I would say any and all current limitations are definitely software related. My point was though, if there are more needs than what the Xoom can handle in flash as of now, use a laptop. Oh, and for the OP to stop making new threads asking the same question.

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree, but most netbooks are also running an optimized version of Flash for their OS. And I would say any and all current limitations are definitely software related. My point was though, if there are more needs than what the Xoom can handle in flash as of now, use a laptop. Oh, and for the OP to stop making new threads asking the same question.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't made any other threads asking the same question. If you don't like it, don't read it.

reagan247

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't made any other threads asking the same question. If you don't like it, don't read it.

You just added one more thread to the endless amount of unfiltered junk that gets put in this forum, sorry but it's true. Why didn't you post this thread on Adobe's forums then keep us updated? ...as opposed to complaining you don't have an updated flash app? I mean, you do have flash... which is more than any Apple product user can say - and the flash does work. I get from the OP that it's not to your satisfaction, but it is to almost all the rest of the people in this forum.

As for your "If you don't like it, don't read it." crap - Seriously? I could A) same the same to you about my post, but B) will point out that by reading all the threads in this forum - even the nonproductive junk threads - I, along with other people, are able to help others out... even you. O:)

Liberati0n

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Other than.not being able to run 720p video I have very few issues currently. Many sites work rather smoothly. Sure it will be nice once updated but after using the iPad for 9 months its pretty amazing to have a tablet with Flash in any form.

720p runs fine for me, I watch 720p streams on Justin.tv and whatever the NHL streams to the internet runs fine too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie