Is anyone noticing that their power button isn't always 100% responsive? I mean this mostly for just waking the device up, for instance I"ll pick it up and press it but the screen won't turn on. This happens occasionally and I'm just wondering if I'm the only one.
    04-22-2011 07:58 AM
    Is anyone noticing that their power button isn't always 100% responsive? I mean this mostly for just waking the device up, for instance I"ll pick it up and press it but the screen won't turn on. This happens occasionally and I'm just wondering if I'm the only one.
    I haven't had this issue as of yet. Also it might be helpful to mention which Xoom you have - wifi rooted Xoom on tiamit (spelling?) Kernel

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    04-22-2011 09:48 AM
    Do you mean when it doesn't turn back on unless you reboot it? Or when the Xoom takes a second or two/another button press to wake up?
    04-22-2011 10:25 AM
    My power button works every time, no issues here.
    04-22-2011 10:39 AM
    Do you mean when it doesn't turn back on unless you reboot it? Or when the Xoom takes a second or two/another button press to wake up?
    Nope, I mean it just takes another tap to get it on.

It happens every so often, not really a bother just curious.

I'm rooted on the VZW model but had noticed this stock as well.
    04-22-2011 01:45 PM
    It happens to me too, I just chalk it up to the slight lag that pervades the system. No biggie.
    04-23-2011 03:52 AM
    No problems with the power button on my Xoom. When turning on from a complete off I need to hold the button down for about 3 seconds... again no problems with overall response time.
    04-23-2011 08:20 AM
    Nope, I mean it just takes another tap to get it on.

It happens every so often, not really a bother just curious.

I'm rooted on the VZW model but had noticed this stock as well.
    I occasionally have the problem also. I'm stock. It doesn't happen to often, thankfully.
    04-23-2011 09:32 AM
    This was happening to me on my wifi only. But with mine it just wouldn't wake up at all unless I hold the button down to shut off and select cancel. I ended up doing a reboot and deleting tweetcaster and problem solved. I don't know if the tweet app had anything to do with it or not but I was annoyed with the constant notification of new tweets. Its been a few days and no issues since the hard reboot.
    04-23-2011 09:58 AM
    Sometimes I notice that mine requires an extra press.. but I was just chalking it up to the button being a bit depressed, since mine is sporting a case. Do you have a case/cover on yours too?
    04-23-2011 04:53 PM
    No problem with mine. VZW Xoom - stock.
    04-23-2011 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD