Well... Saw the Xoom at Best Buy and a few other places. Seem pretty nice. My question is should I get WIFI only, or when I get my Thunderbolt I can use the WIfi hot spot? Or wait for the Toshiba Tablet?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Sean
    04-22-2011 10:51 PM
    Or should I wait for 4g XOOM? If that ever happens
    04-22-2011 10:52 PM
    If your not 100% with the Xoom wait for some others to come out. As for wifi or 3/4g that you need to think when you will need it. I have the 3g but its not active. I use it at home 99% of the time and I have wifi. I dont see a need for me to really have the 3g. I just needed the Xoom on launch and couldn't wait ;-)

Sent by Xoom
    04-22-2011 11:14 PM
    WiFi works well.
    04-22-2011 11:14 PM
    If you're going to get the Thunderbolt, then it would probably be best to get the wifi only. But like tnt said, figure out exactly which tablet you want first.
    04-23-2011 08:55 AM
    There is always going to be a newer/faster/better device just around the corner...

For me and my uses, WiFi makes more sense than 3G/4G. I already pay for unlimited data on my phone. I don't need to pay for unlimited data on a tablet at the same time, and the amount of data I'm using on the Xoom would probably mean going with an unlimited or at least high volume plan, whereas WiFi is free (and faster) as long as it is available.
    04-23-2011 09:20 AM
    Stupid question/sorry for the hijack... will the Xoom connect to an android phone via wifi hotspots? (Don't want to use bluetooth)
    I have the 3g Xoom because I use it a work alot and don't have access to wifi. I tried to use my jailbroken iPhone but ran into that pesky ad-hoc problem. Bluetooth was causing me problems connecting. Going to get an android phone when my contract is up and would like to turn Verizon data and use my phone. It would save me some money not having 2 data plans.
    04-23-2011 09:29 AM
    I went the TBolt + Wifi version as I personally would rather just pay for one data plan. If I own a smartphone I have to pay for a data plan, I take the tablet as I get to make that choice and considering I mostly use a tablet at an airport, office, home etc...wifi is usually available or I can still tether when needed on a data plan I already have.
    04-23-2011 10:38 AM
    Thanks for all the comments... I am going to wait for the Toshiba Tablet to come out, and re-establish what my needs are. My verizon contract is up in about 5 months or so, and will prob get the t-bolt and xoom then.. Thanks All! Happy Easter / Happy Passover
    04-23-2011 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD