Quicktime

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to play QuickTime on their Xoom? I'm trying to do an online course and only need to play about 5 sec voice clips (no video). I tried in regular browser and it can't find a player install to play it. Also tried skyfire browser and a play button shows up but wont play it either.
Any suggestions?

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
quicktime is a wrapper, and the video it wraps can be in several formats so there is no easy answer. I had .mov files that i needed to play and I use moboplayer. Install that and give it a try. By default the Xoom doesnt come with many codecs and supported file types...

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
quicktime is a wrapper, and the video it wraps can be in several formats so there is no easy answer. I had .mov files that i needed to play and I use moboplayer. Install that and give it a try. By default the Xoom doesnt come with many codecs and supported file types...

Thanks. I downloaded moboplayer and the course said it couldn't find compatible player on my xoom. i dont know if it is because the clip is voice only. I sent an email to the developer for the dolphin browser asking if they would make an add-on for a QuickTime player. Maybe that would help.
Too bad I can't put extensions on the browser like we can on chrome, then we could optimize our browser with what we need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance