Did anyone take advantage of best buys, buy back program or the accidental damage coverage. I got both of them. I want to use the xoom without worry or to be lock in when the nexus tab comes out.
    04-24-2011 06:13 PM
    I got mine from best buy, I didn't purchase either I have other insurance covering electronics and I hope I can keep xoom for a while
    04-24-2011 06:21 PM
    Got mine at Best Buy and don't really care about their coverage and buy back programs.
    Their "insurance" is not that fantastic, and buy back program is actually pathetic.
    You would get a lot more if you sold your device on ebay or craigslist than with buy back.
    04-24-2011 09:19 PM
    Did anyone take advantage of best buys, buy back program or the accidental damage coverage. I got both of them. I want to use the xoom without worry or to be lock in when the nexus tab comes out.
    The accidental coverage is a joke you will send yours off and what comes back will not be a moto Xoom but some Frankenstein device that has no support from anyone except them and when your coverage runs out you are SOL. That being said if you spend your money on it then best of luck to you, I did it once and I will never do it again. As far as the buy back it was said before but bears repeating you would get more selling it second hand than you will with the buy back after the 160 you spent on it.
    04-24-2011 10:44 PM
    I made the mistake of paying $120 for that black tie thing when I bought my ipad in April of last year. I never used it, so when I bought my Xoom at Best Buy, I told them I didn't want it. The buy back thing is a total ripoff. Read the brochure...it's only good for like 20% back in a year.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    04-24-2011 10:52 PM
    I'm a new WiFi XOOM owner. I bought mine at Best buy last week and didn't get the insurance or the buy back. So far so good.
    04-25-2011 01:01 AM
    I bought mine at staples and the insurance was$269 I do see some benefit to the insurance but not at almost hAlf the cost of the item orginally....the guy was really rude when I told him I didn't want it.
    04-25-2011 01:04 AM
    Depending on the damage they replace it, well thhats what they did with my iPod touch I accidently drove over with my car. But the accidental damage was $109 and u get half off buy back when u get a protection plan so another $30. They say in 6 months I can get half. Just in case the nexus tab comes out
    04-25-2011 05:13 AM
    Ahh. Motorola gives you a year warrenty. So Ill just run with that. I can probably get a squaretrade warrenty, but that will only last for a year to so it would be the same. Its only worth getting extended warrenty on something if it goes through crazy use. Im not sure if that would happen to my Xoom cause I baby this thing regardless.
    04-25-2011 06:19 AM
    The best buy back program around is getting your Xoom as Costco. You have 90 days to return it and get a full 100% refund. Can't beat that buy back program.
    04-25-2011 08:34 AM
    I got the $99 coverage at Wal-Mart, mainly because it covers the glass. I have tile all throughout my house, so although the reports indicate the the Xoom can tolerate drops on hard surfaces very well, the coverage gives me a little more peace of mind.
    04-25-2011 10:51 AM
    The screen is Corning Gorilla Glass, so breakage should not be an issue...and Costco's generous return policy is not a "buy-back" policy. A Costco membership costs $50 to $100 per year, and you better believe part of that money is there to cover returns. Fortunately, most Costco members are honest and only return things when warranted. As the number of dishonest members increases (due to people making posts about their generous policies), membership costs will increase and return policies will become less generous. Unfortunately, we seem to live in a very opportunistic society where people think it's alright to lie, cheat, and steal as long as you don't get caught.

04-25-2011 09:16 PM
    The screen is Corning Gorilla Glass, so breakage should not be an issue...and Costco's generous return policy is not a "buy-back" policy. A Costco membership costs $50 to $100 per year, and you better believe part of that money is there to cover returns. Fortunately, most Costco members are honest and only return things when warranted. As the number of dishonest members increases (due to people making posts about their generous policies), membership costs will increase and return policies will become less generous. Unfortunately, we seem to live in a very opportunistic society where people think it's alright to lie, cheat, and steal as long as you don't get caught.

Could not agree more. I want to vomit when I hear all these stories.
    04-25-2011 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD