Anyone notice the browser just crashing way too much?

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I mean I can barely surf the web, I go to a website and it crashes. Anyone else experiencing these kinds of crashes because it makes it impossible to browse the web in confidence. If this is normal then it is hard to believe Google thought this was ready to release.

Sent from my Xoom

l44l44

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I mean I can barely surf the web, I go to a website and it crashes. Anyone else experiencing these kinds of crashes because it makes it impossible to browse the web in confidence. If this is normal then it is hard to believe Google thought this was ready to release.

Sent from my Xoom

There's an update coming to address this. Right?

Xertion3

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Update has delayed to "no time soon" by a moto employee (check Motorola owners forum)... I've changed to dolphin browser due to default zoom browser chronic crashing.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
There's an update coming to address this. Right?

If it's the update I think you are talking about ( the one that was "supposed" to be pushed today) that was for the Hardware components. I still have hope that the little surprise Google has in store for us is an update for Honeycomb, because they just announced 2.3.4, it would be best to announce an update, maybe 3.1.0? I really hope Google fixes this soon, really can't browse the web with confidence. On the plus side though, Adobe has fixed up the flash player so flash content might perform better :-D.

Sent from my Xoom

QBallTBEB

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine never crashed up until a few days ago. I searched the internet for solutions but never found any that worked for me.

I tried turning my Xoom off and on but that did not resolve the problem. Then I tried a hard reset (Volume Up and Power) and that resolved the crashes. I have not had a problem since... going on 2 days now.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Well I have had crashes since I bought the device, maybe it's flash ( I've got it enabled all the time). But who knows it could also be the custom kernel I have installed or maybe the modded framework file I just removed. Who knows, but Google needs to fix this and fast.

Sent from my Xoom

paradox116

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The browser is really crash a lot making it is not easy to surf. So i transfer to Dolphin Browser Mini. It is simpler and faster. So far so well.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had much of a problem until yesterday. I get more force closes and the browser seems slower to load a page. I haven't loaded any new apps and I have done the reboot (power/volume up button) and no help.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I bought the xoom in part to demo a webapp we are building. I found that one view consistently crashes the browser. it is a view with a lot of data being shoved down to the device. I tested across stock, dolphin, Opera, firefox and fennec daily build and some others. With the exception of FireFox i can get them all to crash, and i think FF survives because it down rez's images so much. My un-scientific conclusion is that there is a memory issue with Xoom / honeycomb. We don't see this on nook or other devices that we have put honeycomb on, which makes me think it is specific to Xoom.

Generically i see the browser just exit at times when i am using it, i think it is the same issue. Hoping this gets fixed soon!

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
There is a known memory leak in the browser it was reported to Motorola in the first couple weeks after launch. Why they have choosen not to address it still is a mystery to me. From the wording of the leaked update flyer that is no more, as it sounds said update is no more they had a fix in the works but maybe that was just my wishful thinking.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
...it could also be the custom kernel I have installed or maybe the modded framework file I just removed... ...but Google needs to fix this and fast.

That made me chuckle.

Anyway, yeah you should try turning flash to ?as needed? for a while and see if it makes a difference.

-Suntan

STEMALO

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I barely have crashes in the browser, maybe 2 since I got the device which was on Monday

Curious to know what the difference is with a hard reset (volume up + power) compared to just using the power

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana