Verizon Data Widget

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed as of lately my bandwidth widget just sits on connecting and does nothing. Anyone else seeing this issue? Funny to be capped and not be able to see your ussage half the time.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

kennycrudup

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Latest update busted it. I'm giving them a week to fix it (I've reported it, plus I report every time it stupidly force-closes out of the blue) else I'm uninstalling it. The webpage is good enough.

How they got something so simple so wrong baffles me.

ptowndude

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine works, both before. And after the update, provided I am not using Wifi. If I have used wifi, I need to reboot to get it to work because No Logon.

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine works, both before. And after the update, provided I am not using Wifi. If I have used wifi, I need to reboot to get it to work because No Logon.

Then they need to fix it to work with WiFi. That would probably be the issue. It's connected to WiFi most of the time at home.

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Looks like that is the issue. I'm on 3G right now and it works with no issues. Go figure.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Lobout

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
My problem with it is a little different. When i am on 3g i do get usage, but i get it for the primary phone on my contract and not on the widget, and there seems to be no way to configure it to look at the proper device.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, mine only works on 3G. If I start off on wi-fi, I have to turn off it off , let it connect to 3g and then, restart the Xoom. I don't have a Verizon phone and, the only way to use "MY Verizon" is to request a password through the mail.

With that password, I assume I can log into "my Verizon" while still being on wi-fi. I found this out when I first owned the Xoom and, when I got my password, I had returned it already. It took so much to get the reps to understand what I wanted the first time, I don't feel like calling them and going through that again, at least not right now.