Taptu vs Pulse

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
They are exactly the same except that in taptu you can merge. ButI prefer Pulse because it feels cleaner for me. also noticed that taptu loads stories in fullscreen mode which I am not a fan of.

Last edited:

ibod

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
not a fan of pulse so I've been trying taptu.
there's not a whole lot different between the two. For google reader I've been using newsr but I consider the 3 column display a waste of real estate.
So the jury is still out for me.

uudashr

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Pulse has nice UI and usability. I can switch by choosing from the thumbnails of the feeds on the news detail page.

While has simpler UI, when it load it already has placeholder of the image, so when image loaded, your reading view would not be distracted.

paul.simons

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I have used both and they are extremely similar. Neither seems to pull the full content from the sources (mainly it seems to come from RSS summaries). They both have rows for sources, which you can scroll left and right.

If you want to try a different take on a Social News Reader, check out iHear Network

Not only does it offer full content articles, you can also "play" the articles using the enhanced Text-To-Speech. While iHear does not have the same kind of preview of articles that Taptu and Pulse offer, it has just as many sharing options and also integrates with Pocket, Facebook, and Twitter.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Long time Pulse fanboy switched to Taptu a couple of months ago -- love it.

They are so functionally similar it isn't even funny... however, there are two wins for me:
1. Taptu is not limited to 20 streams per page (I don't want a tech page, comic page, etc)
2. Taptu will let you merge merge streams (instead of one slow moving stream, merge three slow ones into a moderately paced stream).

To be fair, I haven't used Pulse in months -- maybe they have added the two options above.

lescarpio

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Which is better? Pulse or Taptu?

What are the differences between the two?

I've been using Pulse for a while now. Can say over the past couple updates it's been just outstanding. There really hasn't been much use for me to actually go to my source's websites because they can just be read from this app. Easy customizable interface, articles load quickly, some videos are embedded right from the article, and an easy "Open in Browser" button to go to the webpage.

Pulse also has its own website so you can link your account and view them on your computer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan