Anymore Info on the Sprint Xoom case?

wjanowski

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the Sprint case and it's far superior to the original Verizon case. The plastic "frame" that clips the tablet in place is fully covered in leather. Very secure, no scratching. Really glad I waited to buy.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have the Sprint case and it's far superior to the original Verizon case. The plastic "frame" that clips the tablet in place is fully covered in leather. Very secure, no scratching. Really glad I waited to buy.

Yea i figured it was a whole different case.....Could you take some pics please? none of the sprint stores have it in stock near me

the original case is absolutely horrible

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
That's the same leather case that Verizon sells for 39.99, and I have it. Look over at the accessories section in XDA for the verizon product number.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
From what it looks like in the photo its the same case...

Same case.

That's the same leather case that Verizon sells for 39.99, and I have it. Look over at the accessories section in XDA for the verizon product number.

The only leather case that verizon sells has a plastic back to it...which scuffs the device it self

this case has the back wrapped in leather to prevent that

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
obviously the cases I posted is not a OEM motorola leather case so it is different.......take a chill pill and enjoy life a little bit.....different manufacturers...one is Acase..one is motorola

Um...okay. My point was valid but you dismissed it like you knew what you were talking about. You can take your chill pill and shove up your....I mean give it to someone who is in need. :p

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Um...okay. My point was valid but you dismissed it like you knew what you were talking about. You can take your chill pill and shove up your....I mean give it to someone who is in need. :p

I'm sorry if I did that...last time I went to verizon all they had was the original case which scratched back....the leather protected one is something new

I just figured it was the same OEM motorola case.....sorry for the confusion

Last edited:

kf6kmx

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry if I did that...last time I went to verizon all they had was the original case which scratched back....the leather protected one is something new

I just figured it was the same OEM motorola case.....sorry for the confusion

I checked three stores in the area (corporate stores). All three put in the part number for that case and each one came up with the existing case with the plastic clips... so dont say people are not researching, because going TO vzw doesn't mean you'll find this new case...
One store employee said "oh I know that case, and came out with a box with the plastic one, shaking his head saying he swore it was a different case...
apparently vzw may be going to switch out cases from the scratching one quietly or something...

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I checked three stores in the area (corporate stores). All three put in the part number for that case and each one came up with the existing case with the plastic clips... so dont say people are not researching, because going TO vzw doesn't mean you'll find this new case...
One store employee said "oh I know that case, and came out with a box with the plastic one, shaking his head saying he swore it was a different case...
apparently vzw may be going to switch out cases from the scratching one quietly or something...

who said I wasn't researching? I have called both sprint and verizon. Sprint stores around me don't have the cases at all and Verizon storse only sell the ones with plastic clip

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site

Actually the part number for the leather case has a 1 on the end of it. You have to make sure you specify that when calling. The stores don't carry the leather case and most sales people aren't even aware of it. It is not a replacement for the plastic case, its just a different option. I ordered mine a few weeks agofrom Verizon and have been enjoying it ever since. Unfortunately if you want it then you have to educate the salespeople and make sure they use the entire product code.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463