3.1 coming today!

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I think we can see more apps when hitting the multitasking button.
Also, the OS will do a better job at suspending apps in the background, so we should be able to multitask better.

LynnL

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
So now with USB hosting, does that mean we can plug our Android device into the XOOM and have it charge?? Or read the device as memory?

AFAIK, it means you should be able to plug in USB devices, like thumb drives, portable hard drives and cameras, and transfer data to and from the Xoom. So, even if the Xoom only has 32 gb of memory, you could take a 500 gb drive with you on a trip and transfer pictures taken from your camera, or movies to watch, to and from the drive. You need a special microUSB to USB adapter cable that supports the functionality.

(I don't know if it will support charging or not.)

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait to get this! It sounds like since I have the wi-fi I may have to wait a bit longer than the 3G people though? And I am assuming we will need to go directly to Motorola to find this update, correct? I am on Tiamat 1.4.1, and not looking forward to having to return to stock. :/ Hopefully it won't be too bad.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait to get this! It sounds like since I have the wi-fi I may have to wait a bit longer than the 3G people though? And I am assuming we will need to go directly to Motorola to find this update, correct? I am on Tiamat 1.4.1, and not looking forward to having to return to stock. :/ Hopefully it won't be too bad.

After this update hits I'm sure BRD or someone, will have an update patch ready to go via recovery.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
what about the Transformer? when will it see a update? it is after all the king of android tablets is it not? but really since no mention of SD card I doubt well see it. why hasn't some asked about that problem? its almost June

anon(58977)

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
SOB..

Two things here..

1 - I have the wifi model, and FFS it should be available for both at this point

2 - I JUST unlocked, rooted, and installed the Tiamat kernel..murphies law...now I gotta restore back to get the goods? Blah.

zmenchhofer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
SOB..

Two things here..

1 - I have the wifi model, and FFS it should be available for both at this point

2 - I JUST unlocked, rooted, and installed the Tiamat kernel..murphies law...now I gotta restore back to get the goods? Blah.

that sucks!

Hope to see the push today :)

mradlauer

Sep 2, 2010
www.clearcutaudio.com
I too am excited for this update...totally unexpected as far as the USB host is concerned...

I actually held off from rooting and installing tiamat until I recieve my OTG USB cable...Hopefully this release will be pushed for the WIFI version in short order....Question is, without a carrier, do they just push the update thru the Market? Or will we have to download and install from the bootloader??

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
As I remember, Adobe was saying that the 3.1 update would be full hardware accelerated Flash, HD Flash to the XOOM I believe. No mention of it so far though. I have been awaiting this, hopefully it is present in the 3.1 update.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I too am excited for this update...totally unexpected as far as the USB host is concerned...

I actually held off from rooting and installing tiamat until I recieve my OTG USB cable...Hopefully this release will be pushed for the WIFI version in short order....Question is, without a carrier, do they just push the update thru the Market? Or will we have to download and install from the bootloader??

The Xoom should download it on it's own and then prompt you, it will reboot it and install it via it's stock recovery.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Really angry this isn't coming to both the Wifi Xoom and 3g Xoom at the same time.... makes me fear that is how it might be with the Nexus S 4g and original Nexus S. Still, the if it makes my Xoom fly..... this thing is worth the wait, I question, but I have a customer kernel, do I need to revert back to anything to update? I don't wanna screw it up when the OTA comes in. Thank god this fixes the greater majority of the issues I have been complaining about. It even fixes flash up a whole lot! Finally Google is doing something right, thus far I am impressed with all the news coming from this event, especially this one and the "fragmentation" solution that they have made. Thank you Google...

Biggest one though, does it fix the browser launching sites into Android mode?

Sent from my Xoom

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
wonder if this will work for XOOM

razer-onza-te-main.jpg

Buy Razer Onza Tournament Edition Xbox 360 Gaming Controller | Official Razer™ Store

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Hmmmm yeah I thought this was pretty weird, so this is just to enable other hardware to work properly on it? Who knows it could be sorta like Window's plug and play or you might have to install some extra software. Biggest question I have is how do you do this? You have to buy a micro SD to full USB dongle or something like?

Sent from my Xoom

zmenchhofer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Really angry this isn't coming to both the Wifi Xoom and 3g Xoom at the same time.... makes me fear that is how it might be with the Nexus S 4g and original Nexus S. Still, the if it makes my Xoom fly..... this thing is worth the wait, I question, but I have a customer kernel, do I need to revert back to anything to update? I don't wanna screw it up when the OTA comes in. Thank god this fixes the greater majority of the issues I have been complaining about. It even fixes flash up a whole lot! Finally Google is doing something right, thus far I am impressed with all the news coming from this event, especially this one and the "fragmentation" solution that they have made. Thank you Google...

Biggest one though, does it fix the browser launching sites into Android mode?

Sent from my Xoom

yep you need to revert back, and you should have bought a 3g :)