05-14-2011 02:20 AM
195 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I activated on release day but I did a security wipe a week or so ago and just re-activated my 3g service today.

According to the information I received in an email after I stated that I did receive the push they are asking us not to discuss it in public forums at this time.
    Huh? Verizon and/or Motorola is asking you not to speak about an update you received? I hope you told them to kiss your @$$???

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    05-10-2011 08:27 PM
    On the Motorola forums everyone was asking about the update and Matt closed the thread. I don't think that is the proper thing to do. He said no censorship but closes the thread.
    https://supportforums.motorola.com/m.../380926#380926
    05-10-2011 08:54 PM
    Well not only is he closing that thread but also shutting down anyone who starts to talk about what the update is all about. What the heck is that? Why are we not supposed to talk about it?
    05-10-2011 09:11 PM
    Ultimate censorship!
    05-10-2011 09:20 PM
    We are basically testing it for bugs and glitches before its released ota for everyone else.

LBTRS:

Actually no I didn't
    05-10-2011 09:25 PM
    I just talked to VZW and everyone will have 3.1 by Friday. I asked how they determine rollout order and he said he thinks that he thinks it's by the last 2 digits of your phone number. Those of you who have 3.1 already, what are the last 2 digits of your Xoom's phone number? Mine is 37 and so far no 3.1 as of 22:41 Eastern.
    05-10-2011 09:41 PM
    I used to have a xoom, but now had a G Slate. Any idea on when the update will make it to other tablets?
    05-10-2011 09:53 PM
    On motorola site (and confirmed on xda) some wifi users have also received the update.
    I am wi-fi and have not rec'd it yet. :/ But then again I am rooted and still on Tiamat. Hmm...
    05-10-2011 11:05 PM
    I just talked to VZW and everyone will have 3.1 by Friday. I asked how they determine rollout order and he said he thinks that he thinks it's by the last 2 digits of your phone number. Those of you who have 3.1 already, what are the last 2 digits of your Xoom's phone number? Mine is 37 and so far no 3.1 as of 22:41 Eastern.
    Will everyone on wi-fi have it by Friday also? I wonder...
    05-10-2011 11:08 PM
    I am wi-fi and have not rec'd it yet. :/ But then again I am rooted and still on Tiamat. Hmm...
    I'm rooted too with Tiamat, wonder if we will see update notice? Probably not if it's like rooted phones.
    05-10-2011 11:19 PM
    awesome
    05-10-2011 11:21 PM

Lol reps really need to stop making stuff like this up. It has nothing to do with your phone number. Its a completely random list of imei numbers.
    05-10-2011 11:35 PM
    Wifi is when? Can somebody attending IO ask?
    do not settle for "in a couple of weeks" answer.
    05-10-2011 11:50 PM
    Wifi is when? Can somebody attending IO ask?
    do not settle for "in a couple of weeks" answer.
    Wifi users will get it after the verizon xooms do. This is always done in waves to minimize burden on tech support staff and in case it has issues. Some wifi users have gotten it already which means the build is ready. Just be patient. ....
    05-11-2011 12:53 AM
    I'm rooted too with Tiamat, wonder if we will see update notice? Probably not if it's like rooted phones.
    It has been made clear since before the first update you have to be at stock with the bootloader locked in order to receive any update.
    05-11-2011 02:47 AM
    ...EU updates lacking... waydago Moto...
    05-11-2011 04:47 AM
    Has anyone with a Verizon Xoom using Wifi only received the 3.1 update by chance?
    05-11-2011 04:54 AM
    I have a 3G Xoom and I have not seen the update yet.
    05-11-2011 05:49 AM
    ...EU updates lacking... waydago Moto...

Not Moto, it's Google who pushed this update. Still no word on wifi update...

Sent from my HTC Dream
    05-11-2011 06:28 AM
    3G here. No data plan, but I'm on month to month and have never dropped service (don't intend to either). No update for me yet.

I've got 3 XOOMs in my house (mine, my wife, and my son). On the East Coast. Purchased in the first moments of the first day of availability.

What would have been fair would be a roll out that followed a "first come, first served" basis. Since Verizon is pushing the update, it seems like this could have been arranged somewhat easily.

This is a classic case of the non-information problem that Motorola Mobility has. Once the news broke that 3.1 was being released, a good marketing team would have immediately set the expectations with an announcement.

I read that some people got an e-mail saying they were first and not to talk about it? This means Mot realized there would be some level of irritation from XOOM owners waiting for their update. Why not send out a message to EVERYONE signed up to their notification system that the update is being rolled out in batches?... appologize they can't get to everyone in one swoop... and provide a target date for the completed update.

Seriously, Motorola doesn't have much of a chance if they can't get the little things right. As always, they are relying on their product to sell itself. The moment their product is not the best on the market, it will be over for them... again. This is a replay of the old RAZR days. Once they didn't have the phone that everyone wanted, they almost went out of business. In fact, they would have gone out, if the rest of the company didn't carry them. Now, as Motorola Mobility, they don't have those other parts to fall back on for support.
    05-11-2011 06:36 AM
    As of 0635CDT in W. Iowa - Nothing yet... I assume it's rolled out in batches?
    05-11-2011 06:36 AM
    You guys need to calm down.
    05-11-2011 06:39 AM
    Has anyone with a Verizon Xoom using Wifi only received the 3.1 update by chance?
    wondering the same thing. Bought my Xoom off contract from verizon. Not sure if you have to have the 3G activated to get the update. Does anyone know? Can't we download from their site or something? Thats how my BB was always updated
    05-11-2011 06:45 AM
    Check out this article -- it includes a link to download the 3G update! (not that it does me any good since I am on the wi-fi, but hope this helps some of you)

Verizon Motorola Xoom Android Honeycomb 3.1 HMJ37 Update Available For Download - Gadgetian
    05-11-2011 06:59 AM
    It has been made clear since before the first update you have to be at stock with the bootloader locked in order to receive any update.
    Give it a few days. I didn't have to lock and unroot for the last update. A zip was dropped quickly. I have the 3.1 update zip but waiting for it to be rooted first.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    05-11-2011 07:18 AM
195 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD