3.1 coming today!

anon263317

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I just talked to VZW and everyone will have 3.1 by Friday. I asked how they determine rollout order and he said he thinks that he thinks it's by the last 2 digits of your phone number. Those of you who have 3.1 already, what are the last 2 digits of your Xoom's phone number? Mine is 37 and so far no 3.1 as of 22:41 Eastern.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I just talked to VZW and everyone will have 3.1 by Friday. I asked how they determine rollout order and he said he thinks that he thinks it's by the last 2 digits of your phone number. Those of you who have 3.1 already, what are the last 2 digits of your Xoom's phone number? Mine is 37 and so far no 3.1 as of 22:41 Eastern.

Will everyone on wi-fi have it by Friday also? I wonder...

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

Lol reps really need to stop making stuff like this up. It has nothing to do with your phone number. Its a completely random list of imei numbers.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Wifi is when? Can somebody attending IO ask?
do not settle for "in a couple of weeks" answer.

Wifi users will get it after the verizon xooms do. This is always done in waves to minimize burden on tech support staff and in case it has issues. Some wifi users have gotten it already which means the build is ready. Just be patient. ....

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
3G here. No data plan, but I'm on month to month and have never dropped service (don't intend to either). No update for me yet.

I've got 3 XOOMs in my house (mine, my wife, and my son). On the East Coast. Purchased in the first moments of the first day of availability.

What would have been fair would be a roll out that followed a "first come, first served" basis. Since Verizon is pushing the update, it seems like this could have been arranged somewhat easily.

This is a classic case of the non-information problem that Motorola Mobility has. Once the news broke that 3.1 was being released, a good marketing team would have immediately set the expectations with an announcement.

I read that some people got an e-mail saying they were first and not to talk about it? This means Mot realized there would be some level of irritation from XOOM owners waiting for their update. Why not send out a message to EVERYONE signed up to their notification system that the update is being rolled out in batches?... appologize they can't get to everyone in one swoop... and provide a target date for the completed update.

Seriously, Motorola doesn't have much of a chance if they can't get the little things right. As always, they are relying on their product to sell itself. The moment their product is not the best on the market, it will be over for them... again. This is a replay of the old RAZR days. Once they didn't have the phone that everyone wanted, they almost went out of business. In fact, they would have gone out, if the rest of the company didn't carry them. Now, as Motorola Mobility, they don't have those other parts to fall back on for support.

vlkers7171

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone with a Verizon Xoom using Wifi only received the 3.1 update by chance?

wondering the same thing. Bought my Xoom off contract from verizon. Not sure if you have to have the 3G activated to get the update. Does anyone know? Can't we download from their site or something? Thats how my BB was always updated

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
It has been made clear since before the first update you have to be at stock with the bootloader locked in order to receive any update.

Give it a few days. I didn't have to lock and unroot for the last update. A zip was dropped quickly. I have the 3.1 update zip but waiting for it to be rooted first.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon