3.1 coming today!

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
wondering the same thing. Bought my Xoom off contract from verizon. Not sure if you have to have the 3G activated to get the update. Does anyone know? Can't we download from their site or something? Thats how my BB was always updated

You can download the update.zip but it won't do you any good unless you have a USB Host Cable (or whenever a flashable file for rooted Xooms is released)

vlkers7171

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
You can download the update.zip but it won't do you any good unless you have a USB Host Cable (or whenever a flashable file for rooted Xooms is released)

yea..I saw that. Does anyone know any more about having a 3g with VZW but not having a data plan? Do we need to activate our data to get the update?

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
This is frustrating. I bought our 3 XOOMs in the first moments of the first day. None of us have received an update. I don't begrudge WiFi people from getting the update, but for Pete's sake, we had our units a month longer.

I wonder what criteria is used to select who is included in the batch upgrades. And why can't the batches go out in one day?

Not feeling the love. Glad I have the XOOM, but the complete lack of communication (after signing up for notices with both Motorola and Verizon) is negatively affecting my ownership experience. This is not the way to foster loyal customers.

At this point, you don't know if you've somehow fallen off the list or not. Before anyone says that can't happen, that's exactly what happened with my Incredible. 2.2 was sent out and I never got it. I called Verizon and was told "Be patient, it's coming." About a month after the initial push, a Verizon rep clickity clicked something and the push came as I was on the phone with her. She apologized and said she didn't understand why I was forgotten. Doh!

sethwardo

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
just got my update this morning, so far pretty nice. does feel snappier scrolling through windows and opening up programs. Notice the Wifi icon now shows send receive activity. I like the ability to size the widgets. The new Videos app/icon is nice giving you a new means to access rentals and personal videos. When using it to access the videos on the device has a similar layout to the google ebooks layout with the arcing scroll feature. So far enjoying it.