Honeycomb 3.1, how does it handle?

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
For you 3G Xoom users who got the update, how is Honeycomb 3.1 working for you? Do you see fewer crashes in the browser and launcher? Have you gotten any of the new fancy Bluetooth stuff to work?

Ironcladz

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Wifi owner that got the update. Switching home screens much smoother. Browser seems peppier and the quick-launch controls have been updated. Very cool. Trying to find out how to resize Widgets. Haven't tried USB support yet

Update on quick controls using browser. If you have multiple tabs open you can scroll through them using the quick control button. Nice improvement.
Multi-tasking is updated. You can now scroll through your open apps, etc. I counted 10 windows

Last edited:
Reactions: pbloyd

Ironcladz

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Was just browsing and the update showed up. I had also shut down and rebooted like 1o mints before. I almost jumped off the couch when it popped up. Resizing Widgets very smooth.

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Was just browsing and the update showed up. I had also shut down and rebooted like 1o mints before. I almost jumped off the couch when it popped up. Resizing Widgets very smooth.

Are you one of the people who signed up to be part of Motorola's feedback network? Or just a regular user?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

crashybear

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Looking kind of OK here. No force closes or crashes. Improved responsiveness. Flash is definitely working better. Like the new multitasking. Browser weirdness reduced but not completely gone - like with Flash it still sometime shows just address bar and no content window below. Overall positive though. Music still skips when opening browser and oh no SD card still.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

mola_alex

May 15, 2011
Visit site
wifi version

Recieved ota. Overall seems snappier and smoother. It has crashed a few times, once using youtube and other using native video editor. It just went black and i saw honeycomb boot screen. Never experienced this on 3.0.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What I would've preferred is for Motorola to just do this upgrade at the same time as giving me the hardware for 4g LTE and the ability to use the card slot. But, hey heaven forbid they actually have a single 4g LTE device out there for people to use. They leave that type of thing up to their competitors.

nufan4115

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I was at my local best buy..they have both 3g and wife xooms running...both have 3.1 and neither have flash working....setting was always on for plug ins...flash was updated to 10.3...flash did not work on either unit....kept me from buying one...flash worked great on the playbook though.....what gives?

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Just to give wifi users some info, flashed mine from an XDA thread that came with SD card support and root. It is fast and has not crashed on me once, since I have flashed last Saturday. Browser did freeze up once but all I had to do was force close the browser and it worked fine. No crashes whatsoever. Flash is incredibly fast, that hasn't crashed too so overall VERY stable. Compared to 3.0.1? This actually makes the device feel like the end product. Would have been nice to have this when I got the thing.

Sent from my Xoom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol