Limited Edition Gold Xoom???

anon(167668)

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
The gold Motorola Xooms are legit. They're just the standard 3G/4G Xooms with a gold exterior. Assuming the sale is legit and the Xoom is in mint condition, I'd say that's a good price, but since there's nearly a week left for bidding, expect the price to go up.

Personally though I think the gold coloring is ugly.

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The gold Xooms are legit. They were given away in gift baskets at the Oscars earlier this year. Moto also gave a couple of them away in a Twitter contest around that time.

kf6kmx

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Its a standard xoom in a (my opinion, rather ugly) gold (looks better in the dark factory colors).
n
NOT worth their buy it now of 1500, definetly! Its current price is about right $1 more than retail...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Its a standard xoom in a (my opinion, rather ugly) gold (looks better in the dark factory colors).
n
NOT worth their buy it now of 1500, definetly! Its current price is about right $1 more than retail...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

The gold Xooms are 3G, so the current price is actually under the retail price by about $199.

DaveyKoges

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I can't find another one of these anywhere (although I did see a bunch of stuff on them by searching google), do you think I'd be getting ripped off if I could get it for $900? Does every Xoom come with a Dock? I couldn't really care less about the case.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I can't find another one of these anywhere (although I did see a bunch of stuff on them by searching google), do you think I'd be getting ripped off if I could get it for $900? Does every Xoom come with a Dock? I couldn't really care less about the case.

It has no added functionality. It is $850 worth of hardware. If the exclusiveness is worth $50 then you are not getting ripped off.

DaveyKoges

May 12, 2011
Visit site
It seems really exclusive, as far as I can tell (just from searching through google), they only gave them out at the oscars, 2 through twitter (that came in a different box so I wasn't sure that they were 3G), One in canada, and one at engadget (that has already been sold on ebay). I saw that one other had also sold on ebay in the past, both sold for more then I would be willing to pay....

I think it's kind of cool to have one if they are that limited, I just don't want to find out that there were actually 10,000 of them that I didn't know about.

Thanks for your help.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey, if you like the gold then buy it.

I have stuff that I paid a lot more money than an item was "worth" to the public, because it was unique and I liked it. I personally would pay extra for the all black that I have now, because I'm not a fan of the gold, but that's just me.

The exclusiveness is cool. How many people go the Oscars? A few thousand?

DaveyKoges

May 12, 2011
Visit site
To be honest I'm not a huge fan of gold either (and the back is going to be covered most of the time anyway), but most sites say they only gave them out to: Oscar hosts, and nominees for Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor, Best Supporting Actress and Best Director.

Then the other 4 that were given out in contests.

If there were less then 100 ever made, it'd be pretty cool to have one. It just seems unlikley that they would make such a small amount.

Reactions: sonofdroid

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
i asked the guy, its reserved at 1,000.01

Hes sooo lucky too, because he told me he bought it off ebay, and the seller didnt say anything about it being gold, and he was shipped a gold one. So lucky, i want it, but not for that price.

So i guess he figured it out, and decided to make some money off an LE that he doesnt care for. I wanna know whos the dummy who sold it without advertising it as such.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
i asked the guy, its reserved at 1,000.01

Hes sooo lucky too, because he told me he bought it off ebay, and the seller didnt say anything about it being gold, and he was shipped a gold one. So lucky, i want it, but not for that price.

So i guess he figured it out, and decided to make some money off an LE that he doesnt care for. I wanna know whos the dummy who sold it without advertising it as such.

Someone obviously didn't know what they had.

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
guy is having a hard time selling it. Bids went up to 830, reserve was at 1000.

He then relisted at 1200 buy it now. Once again no one bought. Dunno what hes gonna do now, Maybe just use it?