USB Host Cable

hypocaffeinemia#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
What about plugging in a thumb drive and/or ps3 controller?

Oh yeah, I guess you'd need a micro usb to mini usb cable or adapter...

I wonder if a usb hub would work because then you could just use your normal micro-to-regular usb cable and plug everything else into the hub...

OlReagan

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I was surprised to find out they make micro thumb drives. Does anyone know what size exactly that we need? Some of the usb cables I have that I thought were micro usb won't fit.

Jonno

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

I have purchased this. I can say that the micro-USB connector has a snug fit. When I have the Xoom in a stand I need to orient it upside down so this adapter sticks out upwards. Otherwise not enough clearance. Not sure if a dongle is able to clear the table for Xooms in a stand.

I do not have the 3.1 update yet so I cannot tell you how well it works. I can update the performance once USB Host works for me.

HoboDroid

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone successfully connected a USB mouse to Xoom running 3.1? Wanted to know before I go buy a cable and/or break my Xoom's USB port.

derekw68

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
only place in usa that seems to have the host cable is motorola. The rest are ordered from China. The normal micro usb is a 4 wire cable and a host cable has 5. I made a host cable and I have plug a mouse and a keyboard in with no problem.

mloebl

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Just tried one of the cheap ones off ebay from China (took a week to get here) with my Canon camera and works great! Gallery auto loads and asks what pictures I want to import. Can also scroll through and preview them as well.

-Mike

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone tried this on a Droid X?

If you mean has anyone tried using this cable to hook the Droid X up to the Xoom -- yes! And it did nothing. Neither side saw the other. Unless I was doing something wrong? (I selected USB Mass Storage mode on the Droid X when connecting them).

Kujo

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I just bought my 3G xoom yesterday and the Motorola Camera connection Kit. (micro to standard cable) It is $20. I am using a microsoft wireless mouse. (comes with a mini usb bluetooth plug.
the mouse works great. My only issue is that I cannot get the on screen keyboard to worrk but my bluetooth keyboard works fine with the mouse.