xoom update NOT HERE YET UNACCEPTABLE

afolgueira

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
IF GOOGLE SAID THE UPDATE WAS TO BE RELEASE 5/10 WHY DONT I HAVE IT YET??????? IT IS NOT LIKE THEY SOLD 1 MILLION XOOM THEY ONLY 'SHIPPED' 250,000, IF THIS IS THIS BAD NOW wait until they sell a few hundreds more Google is really bad at updates they are worse than msft

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
IF GOOGLE SAID THE UPDATE WAS TO BE RELEASE 5/10 WHY DONT I HAVE IT YET??????? IT IS NOT LIKE THEY SOLD 1 MILLION XOOM THEY ONLY 'SHIPPED' 250,000, IF THIS IS THIS BAD NOW wait until they sell a few hundreds more Google is really bad at updates they are worse than msft

I know it sucks having to wait, it's really only been a couple of days and they will all be updated by tomorrow. If you're into doing it yourself there are ways to force the update on your Xoom with just some direction following that you can get in the hacks forum.

I think Google is pretty awesome at software updates, there will even be a new version of Android in 6 months or less.

I totally get your frustration, as I had it myself until I got the update to push though, but once you get there 3.1 has a "check now" for updates button.

thr0tt

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Just think yourselves lucky us EU buyers won't see it for months and will struggle on with the crappy browser events, unstable poor performing 3.0. Never going to buy Motorola again or at least be an early EU adopter.

Reactions: jaihawk

OlReagan

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Just think yourselves lucky us EU buyers won't see it for months and will struggle on with the crappy browser events, unstable poor performing 3.0. Never going to buy Motorola again or at least be an early EU adopter.

Is this for all people on a foreign connection or just specifically xooms sold in other countries?

I bought mine from the states but currently in school in the Caribbean, I really hope I'm not getting screwed out of the update too.

anon(167668)

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

This is how OTA updates work. They roll the update out to customers in increments over the course of a few days. It's not unique to the Xoom, and you really just need to be patient and wait a few days.

Major

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Phased rollouts are not uncommon. Think of it as waiting in line at a store's checkout. You'll get your turn.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You'll probably get it really soon. Weren't people from Europe complaining that they won't see the XOOM for months? Then the EU got it pretty quick?

So now you think it will be months before you see an update. Heck, you'll probably see it next week.

bartman8888

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Keep your socks on... it was 3 weeks before I got my Droid Incredible 2.2 update.... act like you're waiting for Adobe Flash update, LTE upgrade, SD Card support or for developers to write more Honeycomb apps.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, all we can do is have patience I guess. I've reverted back to stock, unrooted, and been watching it all day (even doing the force trick by changing the date back and forth), and still nothing. I did notice, however, that each time it checks it is 2 hours later right on the dot. It checked at 4:05, 6:05, 8:05, 10:05... Hmmmm, maybe 12:05 will be my turn!

derekw68

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
i think it is bad that I have a Verizon xoom and I Don,t have the update and some people with wifi do. I know I have had mine longer than any wifi user.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree! Mine is a 3g Xoom and day three has just ended and still no update. Totally unacceptable!

Sent from my Etch A Sketch

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
YES!!! 12:05 was my turn! Woohoo! Updating now...
I would suggest changing the date ahead a couple days and back (rebooting each time). Then just let it sit all day... mine was plugged in to AC -- not sure if that made a difference or not. I wonder if it checks whether your battery is low and then it won't push it? hmm... Anyway, it was pretty frustrating, but just have to be patient I guess.

sq0nk

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Totally unacceptable? Really? I love the whole I'm entitled to these updates instantly and if I don't get it I'll complain and show the world my displeasure. Waiting for update is pretty common with mobile devices so waiting is nothing new. Is this the first time you had a device that offered OTA updates?

It's just an update to an OS, there are more important things in life to get all excited over. Take a breath and relax.

ariurban

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a stock 3g Verizon xoom here in calif. And still no update :confused:
Does changing the date and rebooting help? Do I switch the date back before I reboot?
Thanks for any advice.
Wow already Friday morning...thought the update was supposed to be finished before Friday...I think?