The "I just got the 3.1 Update" thread

dbam987

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
i just got my update. it came in sometime overnight. so far im noticing some speed improvements and the keyboard now makes a nice little clicking sound as you type. the stock widgets are resizable! dont know what other nicities are included in the update but so far so good. oh, im on a verizon version of the xoom without an active data plan. I'm in Michigan if that matters. I think the roll out is going based on location.

Last edited:

GolferChris68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Received the 3.1 update this morning, after having purchased my new WiFi XOOM from Best Buy yesterday evening. 3.1 update definitely makes things feel snappier than before. So far, nice update.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Okeagle

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Received my 3.1 update this morning. I read a forum post that someone powered off their xoom overnight and the update showed up when they powered back up the next morning. I tried that last night, and, low and behold, the update showed up this morning. I don't know if it is coincidence or not, but my xoom is updated to 3.1 and I am a happy camper. A thank you goes out to the person who posted the overnight power down trick.

Tacoman667

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I just finished installing it now. Faster browsing. The software update screen now has a button to force update checks. Looking good so far.

slwerner

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Had Xoom 3G since day one. Just got the update this morning here in Chicago.

Got my Xoom on the second day, along with an upgraded data plan, and as a long time Verizon customer (family plan w/ 4 phones + Xoom), it was disappointing that I had to wait until 10 PM on Friday the 13th to finally get this update.

I'm sure there was some logic in the way they chose to do the roll-out, but it also makes it seem that Verizon has very liitle appreciation for it's existing and long time customers.

slwerner

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Oops, forgot to add that my 10PM 5/13/11 update was in the Denver area - one of the first areas to get their 4gG LTE service (not that it matters since the Com still can't take advantage).

Perhaps since we got the LTE early, we had to wait to be one of the last areas to get 3.1?

mrakifa

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just got the update and the tablet seems to be moving way faster than before...also leff forceclosing...love my rOcKiNxOOm even more

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I picked up my xoom last night at 6pm est and received the update for 3.1 this morning I don't notice much difference as I didn't own it enough to test most of the bugs people reported. But I love this thing!

Wifi only in Monmouth county nj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12